Three

"Was born in South Carolina, grew up in the Philippines," I replied, "Now I'm here for college."

"Your life's quite the world tour," he marveled.

I playfully shook my head, "Between us, really?"

"Touché," he replied. "Both of our lives are world tours then."

"Fair enough," I conceded. "Although, I haven't really seen much around yet, so I'll give that right back at you."

"You haven't seen much of London?" he asked.

"I meant like the rest of the world," I cleared, "but yeah, London, not really either."

"Oh, when the timing's perfect then I'll show you around. City's great, never gets old," he said.

"Sure thing," I said, quietly trying to downplay the hint of hope growing in me. I know that this was highly unlikely. I was busy, but he's even busier. We're both not even sure we'll see each other or—without judgement of his character and mine—stay in each other's lives. We're just two, too different worlds. But in the spirit of keeping the chat alive, I kind of went a little out on the limb.

"Likewise. I could show you around SC or Manila."

His lips curve into a smile, an ecstatic expression that fills the crinkles in his eyes, "That would be lovely."

His eyes then moved to waiter walking towards us. He placed Harry's order on the table and gave us both glasses of water. Good call, I thought to myself. I was parched for water after drinking only coffee and hot chocolate all afternoon.

Harry takes a sip from his latte. I, on the other hand, saved my one-sentence output and closed my laptop. Reluctantly, I put it inside my backpack. Now, I have nothing to shelter my timid ways around him.

"Oh, you're done?" he said, "I was worried I was interrupting you."

"Nah, actually. I've barely started," I honestly replied. "It's a hard piece to make, but I'll pull through."

His face becomes puzzled.

"And don't worry, again, it's okay," I reassured him, "You aren't interrupting."

"Okay, what is it about?" he asked, "I didn't go to college but maybe I could help?"

I smiled at his kind gesture. But he's going to find me pathetic for finding love as a difficult thing to tackle. I worried about that. But I repeat, he's a force of nature. He leaves you a little out of control. And so, beyond my judgement, I went, "We have to write a romantic story."

"Oh, I take it, you're studying writing in Birkbeck?" he asks.

"Yup, creative writing specifically," I said.

"That's great, guess I'll be seeing your name in my bookshelves then," he enthused.

"Maybe," I grinned, "future's very open."

We both fell into a little bit of silence again, this time, it's not as awkward. I ate from my cheesecake while he bit into his toast.

The shock in me hasn't died down one bit, even as I feel more relaxed around Harry's company. Jas was right when she told me that it was inevitable for me to meet someone of world recognition. I brushed this off every time she ever brought it up, my only counter was that London is too big so the odds are small.

She was relentless about it too. Before I entered the airport gates, she reminded me to message her when that happens. Now that it actually has, I'm not sure how I would let her know that she's right. I just met one-fifth of her favorite band. Shared a table even. I love One Direction, too. But between us, she's the bigger fan.