Chapter 12

I try to regain my balance as I get up from the floor, feeling very dizzy. I don't know how I got here or where exactly I am. I feel around my surroundings trying to feel something when the sounds of metal door banging shut rings through my ears. "H-hello?"

I hear a faint chuckle before I feel somone walk past me and I hear the sound of curtains opening. The faint moonlight from outside shines in, outlining the body of the man in the room. He seems.....familiar. I step closer to see him in the faint moonlight. "Y-you didn't listen did you?". The man step forward and my heart drops to the floor as I recognise him as Harry. "You ruined everything Grace! You ruined everything. You destroyed our plans. You were so unreliable and irresponsible. How could you. We thought we could trust you. You said you'd help but you only made things worse." Before I can ask him what he's talkinh about, he lunges forward, grabbing my shoulders and shakinh me violently as he yells in my face."Your chances of leaving this place are gone. You ruined all our lives along with it. You don't deserve to live comfortably while we face the consequences of your actions!"

All of sudden I feel a pair of hands grab mine and tie them behind my back and Harry stuffs my mouth with a rag cloth. I try telling and moving in protest but i'm picked up from the ground and thrown over a hard surface. I groan out in my pain before I feel two hands tying my legs together.

Panic sets in as this seems all to familiar from when I got waterboarded. I faintly see Harry moving around the room and grabbing what seems to look like two tanks of water. My eyes widen and I try gettimg out of my restraints when I realise what's about to happen.

I am able to successfully push out the rag from my mouth with my tongue. "Harry! Stop! Don't do this! I didn't-" A wave of ice-cold water hits my face and enters my nose. I cough violently as tears stream down my face. Another wave of water hits my face and I try not to breath it in. I wait for it to stop but it doesn't. The water just keeps on hitting my face.

Soon I feel water touching my feet, rapidly reaching my ankles. I try opening my eyes but they stay shut. I feel myself running out of breath amd take in a sharp breath and the water emters my airways.

I feel the water getting higher and I try yelling for help. Before I know it, my head in under water. I am completely rid of any ways to breathe. The water fills in my nose as my struggles to get out and I feel myself slipping into unconsciousness, just faintly hearing calls of my name through the water.

...

"Grace! wake up. It's just a dream." I hear harry yell frantically as his hands shake me. I shoot up in bed, hyperventilating and looking at my surroundings. I breath in relief when I realise it was jusy a nightmare and bury my head in my hands.

I'm not able to control my sobs as they break through and I flinch at Harry's hand on my shoulder. I back away from him against the wall as he looks at me frozen in his posture with a shocked and sad expression on his face. "G-get away from me" I cry out. I know that Harry hasn't been violent or angry at me even once since our deal but I know he's capable of doing this if the situation arises. "Grace. I won't hurt you." He whispers, sounding almost broken. I shake my head at him before burying my head in my hand.

I feel the bed dip before he speaks, "Grace talk to me. You were screaming in pain when you woke me up. I ran here, thinking something happened to you. You thrashing around and crying and-.. and calling for help. Whatever it was Grace it wasn't real." He says.

"You killed me." I whisper after a moment of silence. "What" He spits in confusion. "You waterboarded me again but this time you drowned me. You said I was irresponsibile and I didn't to the plan properly and got all of you in trouble. So you killed me."

He blinks a few times before scotting closer pulling me into his chest. I'm about to protest but I oddly safe and comforted in his hold. "Grace, I know that I waterboarded you once and I'm not proud of it at all. I shouldn't have done it. I regret it so much I'm sorry I didn't believe you earlier. I don't want you to be scared of me. I want you know that I wouldn't intentionally hurt you. Ever. I know i am not always sweet and nice to you 24/7 like Louis but, I don't hate you. I'm slowly getting used to being around the house and now that you agreed to the plan. You're a part of the team and we have eachother's back. You haven't met Zayn and Liam yet but they're great. We may not be the best people but we would never hurt you. I want you to understand that."

I nod back, too tired to argue right now. He slowly rubs my forearm as I feel myself drifting back to sleep.

******

(a/n) im posting a new story, " a vacation to remember", check it out from my profile.