Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven 

Megatron was just starting to trust he was going to be fine when he saw Ratchet and Arcee come striding out of the apartment. His optics narrowed and his claws flexed, ready for a fight. Optimus gently placed a servo on his shoulder to tell him not to make any moves. 

“Optimus! What in the name of Primus is he doing outside of your apartment?! He’s a prisoner!” 

“Prisoner?!” Megatron snarled, sharp dentas clenched in anger. His good mood was gone and he had once again reverted to his past aggression. 

“You can’t let him out anymore. The Senate got word of this and were furious.” Arcee said sternly, purple flecked optics looking up at the Prime. “I know you think there is some hope for him, but believe me when I say there isn’t.” she said darkly, shaking her helm. 

“The Senate has no say in what I do. Megatron and I are bondmates. He may be allowed out of the apartment when he wishes to be.” Optimus said, tone implying there would be no argument. “This is his world, too, Arcee.”

“He should have been terminated when you had a chance! Optimus, don’t be a fool!” Arcee groaned, knowing the goodness of her leader would get him into trouble. 

“Optimus is far from being a fool, little femme.” Megatron growled, bending down so he could get a better look at her. He was refraining from attacking, an amazing feat for such a mech. 

“You know nothing about Optimus!”

“How dare you! Insolent little-”

Megatron let out a bellowing roar when he felt a sharp pain in his optic, his vision blurring. He reeled back, covering his faceplate with his claws. She had punched him in the optic! What a little glitch!

“Are you alright?” Optimus asked, quickly holding Megatron still so he could examine the damaged optic. 

“I am fine!” Megatron snarled, trying to push Optimus off. 

“Ratchet, get your tools and meet us in the apartment. Megatron needs assistance right away.”

“I do not!”

“Hush, Megatron.” Optimus said softly, leading his stricken mate up the stairs to their room. 

“What has gotten into you, Optimus?” Ratchet muttered, rushing off to get his medical kit before heading up to the top floor where Megatron would be waiting. 

***

Megatron growled softly, nuzzling Optimus’s cheek when they were alone. “I really am fine. I heal quickly, Optimus. You of all mechs should know.” 

“Still, I want you to be comfortable and entirely functional.”

“If you insist.” Megatron chuckled, leaning against his partner when they sat down on the berth. 

Ratchet pushed open the door and smiled slightly when he saw how relaxed Megatron could be when he wasn’t being pestered by Arcee or any other Autobots. Tension returned to the silver mech’s form when he noticed Ratchet had arrived, although Optimus kept a servo on his upper arm.

“Let’s see what the damage is.” Ratchet said, warily approaching the now growling mech. “Optimus, could you make sure he won’t try and kill me?” 

“Scared?” Megatron chuckled, one optic bright while the other was lackluster. 

“Terrified. Now will you cooperate with me or are you going to make my job difficult?” 

“Depends on my mood, medic.”

“That’s what I thought.” Ratchet muttered, deciding it was worth the risk to make Optimus happy. He could understand the need to make one’s mate feel better. 

“Please behave.” Optimus whispered to Megatron as Ratchet took Megatron by his jaw and started to examine his ruined optic. 

“If it hurts, I will not hesitate to-watch it!” Megatron hissed, his optic flaring with pain. 

“Do you want me to put you into stasis or do you want to do it without? Your choice.” Ratchet said with a grunt.

“I can take any kind of pain! I am a gladiator. We are accustomed to it.”

“Suit yourself.”

***

Megatron wrenched himself out of Ratchet’s grip the second the medic was done working. He could see, but his optic ached. Watching the other mechs, he curled up on the berth and glared at them both.

“Thank you for your help, Ratchet.” Optimus said warmly, patting his friend’s shoulder. Ratchet had to smile at that.

“I’m just glad the fragger didn’t attempt to kill me.”

Megatron watched him walk out, the instant the door closed relaxing. Optimus smiled and got onto the berth with him, pulling the silver mech close for a hug. Megatron rested his helm on Optimus’s shoulder and yawned slightly. 

“So, what have you got planned for me tomorrow?” Megatron asked teasingly, rolling over onto his back. 

“We will have to see what the day brings. I am sure we can think of something.”

Megatron stretched out, joints cracking as he got more comfortable. Optimus leaned over and pressed a kiss to his cheek. 

“Get some rest, Megatron.”

“You need it more than I do.” Megatron murmured, returning the affection. 

Before he knew it he was back into a pleasant recharge, his sparkmares leaving him be for yet another night. Perhaps they knew the might of a Prime and a warlord were too much to battle against. Hoping that was the case, Megatron allowed himself to recharge in peace.