Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Mgatron made a deep chested growl as Silverstorm clambered around his arms while he tried to rest. He hissed softly as the sparkling jammed his pede into a sore spot where the metal of his fusion canon was still thin. The weapon had taken so long to regenerate he had almost forgotten he had it at all. But his offspring made sure he didn't forget any time soon.

"You are more trouble than you're worth..." Megatron said darkly as Silverstorm toddled over and squealed, hugging his faceplate.

"Megatwon!"

"Pronounce your "R"s, little abomination." Megatron snapped, although a smile was tugging at his lips. He couldn't help but love his creation.

Silverstorm giggled and patted his father's face before flopping down on top of his model airplane. He snatched it up right away and started playing with it, making loud growling noises as he waved it around in the air. Megatron snarled when the toy hit him in the optic a moment later when Silverstorm got a little too excited in his imaginary air battle. Slverstorm squeaked when the plane bounced off the silver mech, catching it in tiny claws with a huge grin.

"Optimus! Take the little wretch!" Megatron demanded, holding out Silverstorm to his busy sire. Optimus got up from his desk and cradled his sparkling in one arm.

"Opi! Opi Opi Opi Opi..."

"Make him shut up!" Megatron groaned, a servo over his aching optic. Optimus smiled, holding Silverstorm close.

"He can't help it, Megatron. He is barely old enough to walk. It's a shock he can speak yet."

"It has only been an Earth week and I am sick of him already!" the former warlord whined, fussy now that he had been kept awake at night trying to get the fussy sparkling to be quiet. "Take him to work with you tomorrow."

"You know I cannot do that." Optimus said softly, picking up Silverstorm's plane when he dropped it on the floor. He was quick enough so the mechling didn't have a chance to start crying. He knew his mate was at his wits end with him already and crying wouldn't help matters.

"This was a huge mistake!" Megatron spat, curling up on their berth with a glare on his face. Optimus frowned, his optics sorrowful.

"Maybe if you tried harder you would find sparklings are not at all troublesome. You learn what they want after a little time spent with them." Optimus shot back, in one of his touchier moods as well.

"So now this is my fault? You caused this in the beginning!"

"You agreed to it!"

"If it wasn't for your filthy-"

"Knock, knock. Doctor in the house." Knockout's sassy voice called from the door to their room. Silverstorm perked up, emerald optics shining. "We brought a present for the sparkling!"

Before Megatron could scream at the other bondmates to get lost, Knockout had pushed his way uninvited into the room. Optimus and Megatron both stared, seeing his middle was not at all distended with the promise of a sparking anymore.

Starscream came padding into the room after his mate, his wings held at a relaxed height while his arms carried a little sparkling about the same age as Silverstorm. The Seeker's optics widened when he saw Megatron glaring daggers at them, taking a wary step back. He didn't manage to get far, Knockout quickly taking his free servo in his and pulling him into the room.

"So, who is this little guy?" Knockout asked, coming right over to Silverstorm and Optimus. Optimus beamed and held his sparking out for the scarlet sports car to get a look.