Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Megatron knew he had a slim chance of dispatching the Autobot, seeing as he was within a whole building of them. Even if he got close Optimus could call his entire group of underlings to his aid.

"Megatron, I do not want to hurt you." Optimus said honestly, lowering his charged gun. He knew this was not going to help integrate Megatron into the new society he was striving to create.

"Do not pity me, Optimus! I do not need your sorrow!" Megatron spat, lashing out as quick as a viper and clawing a nasty gash down Optimus's side. Energon welled up and started to roll across the buckled plating, a good hit to a rather large energon vein.

"Megatron, stand down." Optimus commanded, his normally steady temper wearing thin. Dealing with such an ornery and aggressive bondmate was far from what he wished to do.

"Are you scared?" Megatron chuckled, optics glimmering with a deadly shine as he readied his fusion canon.

Megatron smirked slightly as he raised his arm and aimed, the movement only taking a split second when he felt a burning pain inside his canon arm. He made a loud howl when the weapon shattered from within, Optimus having fired a perfect shot so it exploded within the barrel.

Cursing nastily, Megatron clutched his wounded arm to his chest and bolted for the one escape he assumed no one had thought of yet-the window. Megatron threw himself at it, shattering every panel before he plummeted from the huge building in a spray of glass rain. He transformed in a flash, managing to pull himself out of the dive just in time to avoid another building.

"You cannot contain me, Prime! No one can command Megatron!" he shouted, shooting away into the vast expanse of Cybertron.

~~~

Megatron landed in an abandoned wreck of a house far across to the north of the new city. He transformed to his bipedal form and leaned against one of the dilapidated walls, looking down at his ruined arm. He knew he was without his weapons. With his canon gone it also meant his sword was, too. The main component parts of his arm had shattered from the blast. It would take a good Earth month to regrow the metal and be able to use those valuable assets.

He made a deep growl and ignored the throbbing pain, knowing for him it was nothing. He had faced far worse in the death matches in Kaon and he was not about to let such a minor injury cause any trouble.

Feeling relatively safe for the time being, Megatron found himself curled up under a fallen wall of metal and dust. Ruby optics watched for any danger, glowing brightly in the darkness before he finally shuttered them and rested, forcing himself to relax enough to recharge.

~~~

(Yes, this dream was written to be as confusing as it could be while still making some sense. I am not entirely crazy ;) )

"Bind him to the stands and let the beast rip him apart!" a voice shouted from the stands of spectators.

"Set the insecticons on him! Let's see how the Mighty Megatron handles them!" another voice shouted as Megatron turned to face the taunts and jeers.

"Fight me, cowards! Let me see how long you would last against me!" he roared into the darkened crowd, all the mechs and femmes merging as one.

"Megatronus! I know you can do it! Show them what you can do! I'm routing for you!" Orion's voice called out above the others, so pure and without malice of any kind.

"Get out of the way!" Megatron snarled as a huge insecticon came barreling down on the form of Orion who stood oddly out in the middle of the empty arena. "I'll cover you! Go!" he shouted again as the insecticon turned into mech soldiers.