Chapter 4

Bea served fried eggs, hotdogs, bacons, and rice for their breakfast.

"Oh, and'yan ka na pala, maupo ka na at ipagtitimpla kita ng kape."

Before she got into college, she learned to do things and live all by herself for she decided to pursue fashion designing in Rome.

She was easily hired for a job after attaining a bachelor's degree and promoted for her outstanding performance, but Aga advised her to have a break and stay at home to take care of their son.

"Wow, straight Tagalog." He sat with an amused reaction. "But the accent..."

"Filipina ako and I grew up here. Ikaw ba naman, mag-aral at manirahan sa Italya ng pagkahabang taon." She shook her head with a grin on her face.

She sat in front of Andres, "have you made friends already?"

"Not yet, mom. Have you forgotten that we just arrived here before the end of April? And...my classmates already have their own circle, it's not that easy to make friends."

Aga arrived in Manila last week of December while Bea and Andres stayed in Rome until he is finished with 9th grade and they have decided to finally settle down for good in the Philippines.

"Oh...yeah. Don't worry I will introduce you to your cousins, I'm sure they'll love you."

"Great idea, mom."

"Nakakapag-adjust ka na naman ba, anak?" Aga asked after swallowing a spoonful of rice.

"Opo, dad." His lips curved upward, "it's nice that hindi niyo po ako sinanay sa Italian food. But, I'm still struggling a bit with speaking in Tagalog and sometimes my classmates laugh at me but I just laugh with them."

"Don't worry you have all the time in the world to improve your Tagalog."

"Anyway, I should go now or else I'll be late." He kissed his mom on the cheek and tapped his dad's shoulder.

"Take care, Andres!" Aga shouted before he completely close the door.

"Ikaw, 'di ka pa ba male-late? Last night, you told me that you have a meeting today."

"It can wait." She glared at him, "just kidding."

Bea stood up to get his bag from the counter, but before she even touch it, she felt arms around her waist and a kiss on her cheek, "Love, kapag hindi ka pa umayos baka hindi na kita papasukin."

"Mas masaya." He pushed his face towards her neck.

"Ay nako, love, pasaway ka talaga." With all her strength, she successfuly removed herself from the hug, "I love you, love." She traced his nose bridge, making him smile.

"I love you, too, love." He embraced her tightly and whispered, "tuloy natin 'to mamaya."

"Stop flirting with me, baka bumigay ako." She gave him a meaningful look.

"Alis na nga ako, baka kung saan pa 'to mapunta. Call me if you need anything, love." He left a kiss on her forehead before going.

●●●

Gabbi did not have enough sleep because she got excited for today. She is trying to grasp the idea of becoming a college student, she decided to pursue a business course after she realized that she really likes what her mother is doing, striving for innovation, making deals with other business people, signing papers, deciding for the whole business, and other related things. But she is aware that it is not easy to get up there.

She cheked herself through the full-length mirror before going downstairs.

She instantly saw Manang Letty who is currently cleaning the dining area, "nasaan po si Mommy?"