Chapter 5

After wearing her shoes, she saw her husband having a hard time fixing his tie, so she helped him, "Lord, ano po ang ginawa ko na maganda para magkaro'n ng asawa na katulad nitong babae sa harapan ko?" He said and positioned his hands on her waist.

"Ang aga naman ng pangbobola mo, babe." She couldn't help but to smile.

"Totoo ang sinasabi ko, babe, halika nga." He secured her in his arms.

"Sige na nga." She hugged back. "Oh, teka, mag-aayos lang ako." She sat on her vanity chair while he stands at the back.

"Dawn, 'di ba alam mo naman na nakakasama namin ni Vice si Aga?"

"Ano'ng meron? Tatanungin mo na naman ako kung napatawad ko na s'ya? Well then, alam mo na ang sagot ko d'yan, Chard."

"Bakit ba ang hirap sa'yo na patawarin s'ya?"

"Sinaktan n'ya ng lubusan ang matalik kong kaibigan, Richard. Ang aga-aga si Aga ang pinagtatalunan natin."

"I'm sorry, babe." He massaged her shoulders to calm her, "lalo ko kasi'ng nakikita sa kanya na pinagsisisihan n'ya na 'yong nagawa n'ya kay Lea, sana mapatawad mo na rin s'ya, it's been like almost 2 decades."

"I'll try, babe." She showed a weak smile, "speaking of which, Lea messaged me that Gabbi has already talked to her but she got a problem."

"That's good to hear."

"But, do you think he loved Lea when they were together?"

●●●

"Gabbi, nasa'n ka na ba? You and I will both be late if you don't hurry up." She shouted from the end of the staircase.

"Coming po, Ma." She responded.

They are now settled inside the car, Lea will be driving Gabbi today since she missed sending her to school.

Lea only had a 3-hour-sleep for a lot has been going on lately and Gabbi decided to mention it, "Ma, are you okay? You look really drained."

She gave her a glimpse, "kasi, Gabbi, sa business, you're not always the winner, it's not always stable, there are also people who won't agree with your proposal, but I know this will pass. And maybe because I'm getting old, marami ang pumapasok sa isipan ko, pero 'wag ka mag-alala, okay lang ako."

"This weekend, Ma, labas po tayo para hindi lang po trabaho at ako lagi ang iniisip mo."

Hindi lang naman talaga trabaho at ikaw ang tangi ko'ng iniisip. She thought.

The car stopped in the driveway, "don't stress yourself, Ma. Love you." She kissed her mom on the cheek before leaving the car.

"Gabbi," she turned around, "you forgot something."

"Oh, shoot." She go back to get the folder.

She kissed her mom again through the window, "Gabriela?"

Gabbi stood properly, "Mr. Montablan, good morning po."

When Lea heard him speak, she swiftly put on her sunglasses, she knows who owns that voice.

"What were you doing?" He pointed the car.

Her eyes windened when she realized, "it's not what you think po, I was not giving a kiss to a boyfriend."

"Oh...I'm sorry, I thought..."

"It's okay po, anyway," he stepped closer to see the woman inside the car, "she is-"

She cut Gabbi before she reveals her name, "good morning, mister?"

"Montablan. Good morning."

Lea just sent him a little smile while Aga stared at her for a couple of seconds before turning around.