Ringtone

WARNING: This contains BH6 spoilers at the end! If you haven't seen the movie, please read at your own risk!

Enjoy! :)

(Y/N): Hey, I'm here. Can you let me in? :)

Tadashi: Yay! Coming! :D

You got your boyfriend's text and waited for him to let you in through the back door of the cafe; where, Hiro, his aunt Cass, and himself lived. It was 7 o' clock at night and you had promised him that you would come over after you got off from work.

It had been a couple weeks since you two had had any quality couple time together outside of SFIT. But now since finals were over you finally had some time to relax. But tonight was going to be different. You brought your trusty ukulele with you tonight. You were pretty skilled at playing it and had even wrote a song special for Tadashi with it. You were going to perform it for him tonight. You attention was brought to the sound of the lock on the door rotating and smiled when you saw Tadashi appear from behind the door.

"Hey (Y/N), come on in," Tadashi held the door open for you.

"Don't mind if I do," you said as you walked in and gave Tadashi a quick peck on the cheek. Tadashi returned the kiss with an even better one on the lips. After a few seconds you two quickly turned apart as you heard scuffling in the kitchen. It was aunt Cass.

"Oh, don't mind me! I'm just getting a snack so just go back to your kissing!" and with that, aunt Cass grabbed a slice of cake and went upstairs to watch some T.V.

"I love your aunt," you said simply.

"She's certainly something else," Tadashi sighed and smiled. He then noticed the little case that you were carrying on your back. "Oh, is that your ukulele?"

"Sure is. You get a grand performance tonight," you smiled up at him, practically bouncing with excitement.

"Finally! I've never heard you play before. I bet you're really good," said Tadashi as he grabbed your hand and led you upstairs. You passed aunt Cass on the second floor, who was on the couch eating that slice of cake and watching a cheesy horror film. Then you went up some more steps and finally arrived at the room Tadashi and his younger brother, Hiro shared.

In the brothers' room, you saw Hiro sitting cross-legged on his bed playing a game on his 3DS.

"Hey Hiro," you said.

"Hey..." Hiro was too into his game to really notice that you were there but you were used to it. He was always doing something that had him distracted. But on a rare occasion you would bring your 3DS too and would challenge him to a Pokemon battle, which Tadashi had little interest in, so he would just sit on his bed reading a book  and chuckle at how loud you two would get over a game.

You walked to Tadashi's bed and put your ukulele down as you slipped off your shoes. Tadashi sat next to you and eyed the case your ukulele was in. You noticed it and said, "You can look at it if you want. It's just a little ukulele," Tadashi chuckled and opened the case. Inside was a cute brown ukulele with some generic Hawaiian stuff on it. He carefully picked it up and saw that on the other side of the ukulele was a picture of you and him taped to the instrument. He had his arm extended since he was holding the camera and you were kissing him on the cheek, your eyes closed and your arms were wrapped around him. Tadashi was so happy in the picture, and he still was.

"I love that picture," you said as you laid your head on Tadashi's shoulder. "It's what inspired me to write a song for you," you looked up at him, your head still on his shoulder. Tadashi looked back at you in surprise.

"You wrote a song for me?" he asked quietly. You nodded and sat up, Tadashi handing you the ukulele. You took a few moments to tune it and began to strum the opening chords. Then, you began to sing.

(Sorry you guys have to make up the song. It's one in the morning and my brain is too tired to come up with a cheesy love song. Forgive meeeee ;-;)

You finished the song and shyly looked away, having never actually sang in front of anyone before.  Tadashi was just in awe. He felt even more in love with you than ever before. Your voice sounded amazingly angelic. It was smooth and beautiful.

"(Y/N), that was beautiful. I've never heard you sing before, and the notes you were playing fit perfectly. You just surprise me more and more everyday," Tadashi cupped your face in his hands and placed a chaste kiss on your lips. When he pulled away he said something that made your heart instantly melt, "And everyday, I fall more and more in love with you," the corners of your eyes brimmed with tears and you pulled Tadashi in for another kiss.

"I'm glad you liked it so much. I've been working really hard on it," you sighed as Tadashi pulled you close to his chest and laid down on his bed, pulling you with him.

"Now, you're gonna have to sing it again so I can record it," said Tadashi with a small laugh. Your head shot up and you looked at him in surprise.

"Wha-why??"

Tadashi reached over to his nightstand and held up his cell phone. "I wanna make it my ringtone for everytime you call me," you giggled and sat up to grab your ukulele.

"Alright, fine," you giggled and waited for Tadashi to get his phone ready to record you. He then held up the phone, facing you, and said, "Okay...go,"

~A few days later~

Tadashi was watching a movie with Hiro and aunt Cass when he heard a very familiar tune. It was the precious sound of a ukulele following the faint buzz of his phone vibrating. His brother and aunt gave him weird looks as he excused himself to answer the call. He came back a few minutes later and plopped himself back down on the couch inbetween Hiro and aunt Cass.

"What's with the ringtone? I thought it was your favorite rock song," asked Hiro.

"And who called?" asked aunt Cass curiously.

"Oh, it was (Y/N). She just has to tell me about something funny her cat did," said Tadashi.

"And the girly ukulele music?" asked Hiro again.

"That was (Y/N) singing. That was a song she wrote for me. I recorded it and made it my ringtone," said Tadashi as he shyly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Blech!" Of course Hiro was grossed out by it. Aunt Cass only fawned over how much her little nephew has grown up.

~One year later~

Hiro, aunt Cass, Honey Lemon, GoGo, Wasabi, and Fred sat around the kitchen table in sad silence. Two cell phones sat on the table next to each other. One was a red and white slide phone that was yours and the other was a black flip phone that was Tadashi's.

The gang was glad that you two had accidently forgotten your phones on his bed the day of the SFIT Showcase.

"I just...want to hear their voices....one last time..." whispered Hiro.

"I know Hiro-Chan, we all do," said Honey Lemon gently as he put her hand on Hiro's shoulder. Aunt Cass had tears streaking down her face and Wasabi rubbed her back soothingly.

On the day of the showcase, the day of your's and Tadashi's death, you had accidently forgotten your purse in the restroom. You went back to get it and told the gang to go on without you, that you would catch up. Then, the horrible fire started and you were still in there, trapped. Tadashi noticed you or the Professor hadn't come out yet and ran inside, only for the building to blow up with all of you still in it.

"Okay Hiro, do it," said GoGo. She was fighting back the urge to cry.

Hiro picked up your phone, and with shakey fingers, dialed Tadashi's cell number and put your phone on speaker. Tadashi's phone started to buzz and the sound of ukulele music followed by your singing rang throughout the room.

Everyone listened in silence, taking in your voice that they knew they would never hear again. Then, it stopped...and another voice was heard.

"Hey! This is Tadashi Hamada. Sorry that I can't talk right now, so just leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!"