1: The New Sovereign of Peur

Location: Greenhills
Time: 12:35 AM

At the round table, ten men were gathered to discuss the most fundamental issue. They were examining the records in their hands when their attention was diverted by the sound of someone's heels. All eyes were drawn towards the entrance where a beautiful lady with a confident demeanor stood. Her hair was long and wavy, her eyes round and captivating. Her nose was sharp, her lips were slender, and her skin flawless. She was dressed simply in a blue dress with makeup that enhanced her features.

The men tried to pretend they were engrossed in the papers, but they couldn't help stealing glances at her from time to time.

As she approached them, the sound of her heels echoing in the room, it became apparent that there were only a few things in the plain, pure white room, and a large screen TV nearby. She paused in the center, near the TV, her eyes fixed on the men who pretended to be occupied. They straightened their backs as she smiled. She swallowed nervously, then regained her serious, imposing expression.

"Hi and hello. So, you've all come to join our Peur association as rookies. Overall, we will test your logical abilities by presenting a challenge where we will sacrifice one individual," she announced solemnly, her face serious. As she spoke, they saw a lab photo displayed on the wide-screen TV next to her. She refocused her attention on the people she had gathered before her, looking intrigued.

"Okay, what an innocent expression. Do they know nothing?" She thought to herself as she smiled widely, appearing intellectually superior.

"Alright, Miss?" Someone gestured with his hand. She quickly turned her head to the refined man and arched an eyebrow at him, causing him to nervously swallow.

"Yes, Sir, do you have any questions?" she replied with a threatening tone and look.

"U-uhm. What's your name, incidentally?" The man asked, and in response, she pretended to be annoyed. She knew she had to continue with her act and answer spontaneously. This was a mission her grandfather had assigned to her, and due to her family's deadly association, she always had a task at hand. She was destined to be the next leader of the organization, and she had no choice but to accept, as it was one of the regulations. The reasons behind the organization's dangerous nature were complex, but she couldn't reveal everything. So, she returned to reality and responded to the man's question.

She made a sound as if about to speak and then proceeded to answer the person before regaining her composure. "I am Nathalie Cleigh, and I'm the new Sovereign of the Peur Association. I'm 18 years old, here to assume my grandfather's position as he is currently busy with his business. We are seeking researchers to assist us in our development. The papers before you contain pros and cons, and you must read everything in the document," she explained. "Reading it will take you days, and you should take your time to fully comprehend it. Using this widescreen TV, I'll show you what's happening inside the lab."

The men were captivated, paying close attention to the lady's detailed explanation before them. They had no idea what was going on with their organization, but rumors suggested it was dangerous and that everyone was wary of it. However, researchers seemed eager to be part of this association as it would enhance their reputations and images. No one dared to overlook the importance of individuals within the association, as they were highly respected. It was not just a simple organization; it held unlimited power over the city.

"This is the fundamental design for the people who will be associated with the analysis. Except for one room, it has 22 research centers, which are all unfilled, " as she talked, her voice became colder, making men's hair develop. Interest gobbled them up, and they couldn't quit seeking clarification on pressing issues. What's wrong with that room?