Chapter 3 - Ellianna

"My Baby!!" Momma screams running from the house. Sprinting to Sonja's barely parked car.

"Hi Momma! I've missed you." I hug her tightly as she practically drags me from the car.

"I've missed you so much baby. I'm so glad you're home."

"Me too Momma, me too."

"Come girls, inside. Ben was fixing coffee." Momma shoos us towards the house.

"Coffee in the evening?" I ask Momma.

"We are old now, we get tired quick." Momma laughs out.

"I'd love coffee, taking this one out tonight to celebrate her homecoming!" Son exclaims.

Momma smiles and hugs Sonja to her. She might as well be my sister since my parents have always accepted her like a daughter and not just my friend.

Walking into my childhood home, I immediately cherish the smell I've missed. Cinnamon, coffee and that citrus cleaner Momma has always used.

"Evening girls!" Pops comes around the corner grabbing Sonja in a hug and handing her a cup of coffee before embracing me tightly. "You have no idea how happy I am that you are home Ellie." He says keeping me pulled tight to him.

We talk over coffee, planning out a weekly Sunday dinner since I'll be living with Sonja. All my change of address forms and stuff will still be here though. Pops thinks it is best. He's filled in on the bare minimum and knows how the divorce will most likely be messy. Momma has told me before that they both speculated more was going on but I don't want them worrying too much. Pops also makes a point that I stop in tomorrow for a car. He insists it will be in his name even if I make the payments. He doesn't want Brett to try to get his hands on anything that is mine.

I grab a few things from my old room and pack them into Sonja's SUV. I didn't take everything with me to Texas and Momma wouldn't move or throw anything out. It's helpful now.

"Here it is babes." Sonja says as she pulls the leather from the hall coat closet.

"Oh good! I loved this thing, I look hot in it." I run my fingers over the embedded design in the left sleeve of the leather. It's indented in the shape of a Phoenix rising up off my arm, in high-school I wanted the design tattooed in the same place of my arm but in vibrant orange and red shades.

I shrug into it after taking the sweater off leaving me in my tight black ripped up skinny jeans and a strappy crop top that crosses over my ribs and abdomen forming triangular cutouts on my sides and one in the center at the base of my sternum. It still fits perfectly, cutting tighter at my waist and flaring back over my hips and while it smells like leather it's lost its other scents, letting the memories fade with it in disappointment.

"You do look hot in it." Sonja excitedly exclaims.

"Brett would never let me wear leather. I got a pair of leather pants that were super hot once and he lost his mind."

"Seriously? Girl, that should have been your sign right there. Leather suites you."

"Yeah it does! He said it looked washed up and trashy."

"Stuck up prick"

I couldn't agree more as Sonja and I laugh together. I feel lighter than I have in 9 years.

"You girls be safe tonight." Pops calls to us.

"Always Pops" Sonja and I say together.

"I'll carry this." He picks up the last bag of random stuff and walks us to Sonja's SUV.