Ignoring and Joy

I walked slowly into the school that had started my problems, as to be careful of my injuries, gripping the hand of my best friend/boyfriend. My ribs ached, and I wore long sleeves to cover the bruises that covered me. I took a deep breath and I got into the range of sight of every student there. As soon as one person saw me, the whole area fell basically to a whisper. I knew they knew what had happened. Stuff goes around. I gripped Ed's hand tighter, and he squeezed mine back. Alyssa spotted us and ran behind to catch up. I stopped, waiting for her to join. She walked over and linked her arm with mine, smiling at me. I smiled back, gaining a little confidence as the whispers continued.

I walked through the halls, stopping by each of my classes to pick up work I'd missed as my teachers stared at my injuries with wide eyes. I just smiled at them. Then, I walked, still linked with my two best friends, to my first class.

______

The day continued on slightly rough from the constant staring, but honestly, it was better than being made fun of. But I surprisingly felt confident mostly, since I had spent some time preparing myself for this. As long as I had Ed and Alyssa, I was okay.

It was early June, and it was Monday of the last week of school. All the classes were mostly laid back, just talking and going on phones. I distracted myself from others by playing games on my phone and taking funny selfies with Ed. We sent them as blackmail to others, laughing and pouting at each other. While everyone was staring, we talked, laughed, and talked about our future. I was sure everyone could hear us, but I didn't care. I was almost finally happy. And that's the happiest I've ever been.

____

We both arrived home, practically running inside to lie on the couch. (Well, as much as I could, anyway.) We sat next to each other for a second before I spoke.

"Ed, we graduate in 4 days."

"Yeah... I know."

"What are we gonna do after that?"

He looked at me and smiled. "Whatever we want." I laughed at his simplicity.

"No, I mean... What are we doing in the future? We have our whole life ahead of us. What now?"

"Well, we can get jobs. Maybe we can find our own house, just for the two of us. We could get married. We could even have children. But whatever happens, I want it to be with you. And I want you to be happy. As long as you're happy, I am too." He finished, looking directly into my eyes. I flung my arms around him quickly.

"Oh Ed," I gushed, "That's all I ever wanted to hear." And then we kissed each other. While we were, I felt him rummaging through his pocket. I pulled back, confused as to what he was doing. He just grinned at me.

"I got you somethingggg."

"Okay... What is ittttt?" I laughed at his childish tone.

"Wellllll... Okay. I don't think either of us are ready to be married yet, right?" I nodded, admitting he was right. "Well, since we aren't, but I still want to marry you someday, I got us promise rings. To say that we promise to marry each other one day. And I want you to have it. If that's okay with you, of course." He glanced at me nervously, awaiting my reaction. I just smiled, with tears welling in my eyes. Unable to speak, I furiously nodded my head and didn't even give him a chance to react before I kissed him, hard. He kissed back, laughing, and slid one ring onto my finger and one onto his. Then he wrapped his arms around me as I cried of pure joy. I rested my head on his shoulder, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Ed.. Oh my God... I love you Edward Christopher Sheeran. So so so so much. Thank you so much."

He lightly kissed my forehead as I continue babbling. "I love you more, Taylor Alison Swift."

_____

I awoke around 8pm, I guessed, considering it was super dark outside. I found myself in the same position I was before on the couch. I guess we both fell asleep. I felt my head on something and turned, expecting to see Ed, but found myself face to face with a pillow. I gave it a confused glance before realizing it was a pillow and it can't recognize my facial reactions. Then I heard clatter coming from the kitchen and decided to go investigate. Maybe it was Ed. Hopefully.

I walked over towards the kitchen and saw Ed stirring spaghetti in a pot and humming an unrecognizable tune. I stood in the doorway, smiling at him. He didn't notice. He just went back and forth between making garlic bread, sauce, salad, and noodles. He was beginning to look frantic as everything needed attention at once. I chucked quietly.

"Need some help there?" I spoke finally. He somewhat jumped, making me laugh.

"You scared me! Well, it was supposed to be a kinda surprise, but since I don't want to send us to our fiery dooms, sure, come on over here girl."

"Girl?"

"Hey, I can be hip!"

"Give it up, Sheeran." I walked over to the salad and garlic bread and began spreading the butter/garlic spread on the bread and tossing the salad while Ed watched over the noodles and sauce.

"You know this is my favorite meal." I stated.

"That's why I'm making it!" He laughed.

"Woahhhh we have a charmer over here! LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, ED SHEERAN IS A LADIES MAN!"

"Who are you talking to?" He asked, in between large laughs.

"The ghosts of Ladies Men's past."

"The what?"

"What?"

"What did you say?"

"I said nothing."

"Sureeee..." He flung an uncooked noodle at me.

"W O A H HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP. You know this means war, right?" I picked up a cherry tomato and flung it at his chest.

"Now that was just rude." We continued throwing foods at each other, (that we weren't going to eat) laughing and saying weird threats. Ed chased after me with a sharp piece of uncooked noodle, looking falsely menacing. When he finally caught up to me, he wrapped his arms around my chest while I laughed hysterically. He rocked me back and forth while I laughed.

"We should NOT burn the house down and get back to cooking." I said finally after recovering.

"Too true."

___

We ate our delicious dinner, complimenting each other on our cooking skills, joked, and just talked. And at that moment, I realized I never wanted to be with anyone else. I looked down at my ring.

______

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!
This is gonna be my gift to you guys!

HEY GUYS! Sorry for not updating XD this is a filler chapter, but a happy chapter at that!

For you, my darlings. XD

I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND IF YOU CELEBRATE HANUKKAH I HOPE THATS GOING FABULOUSLY OR IF YOU CELEBRATE NEITHER ENJOY YOUR SCHOOL BREAK!!

Also, I'm writing a new story, and I have the first chapter. It IS Sweeran, yessss. I wanted to know from you guys if I should wait until I finish this story to post it, or begin posting it now!!! LET ME KNOW PLS.

WELL GUYS, I hope you have a WONDERFUL AND MAGICAL Christmas, and I hope you get that thing you really wanted. HAPPY HOLIDAYS GUYS. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

<3
-Sneakers11 (Lyric)