Katana

"Okay so I have the colors picked and the venue set. I just need you all to show me your dresses and I gotta do food and then I guess the rest is for the team."

Rhythm, Arianna, and Marie were here with me. Arianna nodded slowly, "Do you have a dress?"

"I actually don't. The designer is bringing three samples for me to try on and I am going to go from there."

Marie got excited, "When is this happening?"

"Tomorrow. Shaun is going to come down to do dress shopping. And the company who sets their parties is going to do the wedding."

Jaleel walked in and kissed me on the lips, "Hey baby. Hello ladies."

"Hey Jaleel." They all said in unison.

I got up and pulled my shorts out of my booty, "Well ima see y'all tomorrow here at noon. Now I gotta cater to my man."

They all left. I walked upstairs and found him laying across the bed. I climbed on top of him and started rubbing his back, "Wassup?"

"Nothing. My mom is having a gala tonight and she wants us to come."

I sighed, "Pictures and interviews. I don't know if I'm up for it tonight."

"You have no choice. So go let Rhythm do your hair and go pick out a dress. We're leaving at 7pm."

I rolled off of him and headed into the city. There is this store called 'Heat' I know I'll find the perfect dress in here. I had been searching for maybe twenty minutes when I came across the beauty. It was a long sleeved black fitted dress that went down passed my ankles.

I went to Rhythms and she curled my hair really big and pinned it up. I also let her do my makeup. By the time I got home all I had time to do was slip on the dress and meet Jaleel downstairs.

"You know that was something I always loved about you!"

I smirked, "What?"

"You always represented us as a couple. You always look beyond gorgeous."

I wiped a small tear that threatened to escape, "You look nice too babe."

"No. You my love, amaze me. Your amazing. I thank God everyday for you."

I had this goofy smile planted on my face for the rest of the night. When we walked into the ballroom there were people everywhere. But my mother of all people caught my eye. Sabrina! I haven't spoken to her in a good amount if time and I would like it to stay that way.

Jaleel noticed and leaned down to my ear, "Let's have a nice night. Forget about her baby."

"I hope you not corrupting my daughter already Jaleel." His mother walked over to us with a man not far behind.

Jaleel smiled, "She's my wife now ma. Who is this?"

"Oh this is my date Alexander. Alexander this is my son Jaleel and his fiancee KaTana."

The man was handsome. I had to give mama some credit for this one. I extended my hand, "Nice to meet you Alexander."

"You as well. Might I say you look stunning on tonight."

Jaleel smacked his lips, "Where did you find this dude ma?"

I gasped. I couldn't believe the polite Jaleel was acting out. I found his jealously kind of adorable, "I'm so sorry. You'll have to excuse my husband."

"Yeah. I'm not sure what has gotten into my son."

The man chuckled, "Its fine. No apology necessary. I am actually a new surgeon at the hospital. Just transferred from Las Vegas."