Chapter 5

"Hello? Mumbo?" Iskall's voice sounded through his phone speaker. "You know what time it is right?"

Mumbo laughed and stood up from his kitchen table, heading to his living room to pace around now that he had Iskall on call. "Of course I know what time it is, that's why I'm calling you."

"Okay, so what is it?" The engineer swallowed and stopped his movement for a second. He should just be honest about what happened, Iskall would understand, right?

"Well, you see, I think I upset Grian and I don't know what I should do about it."

"That's all?"

"No, umm, I invited him over to my place for a movie with my girlfr- uh, EX-girlfriend, and he left in a hurry and ended our call short afterwords and I don't know. I just need your help I guess.." Mumbo let his voice trail off, not caring how desperate he sounded.

"WAIT WHAT? Mumbo you didn't tell me you and her stopped being a thing? I thought you two were like, serious, oh I can't believe this!"

"Well yes, but, that's not the issue here."

Iskall's contagious laughter was laced with confusion. "Mumbo Jumbo, you mad man, I can't believe you're more worried about Grian than your ex-girlfriend. What happened between the two of you for things to become so bad that you call me at... 4 in the morning?"

What had happened? Mumbo still wasn't quite sure what was going on with himself either, but he did his best to tell Iskall everything, occasionally pausing to clarify some things, pacing around the large space in his house the entire time. In the middle of their talk, Iskall grabbed a cup of coffee to stop his continuous yawns, and in turn, reassuring the engineer that he truly has a great friend.

"The way I see it," Iskall started, summing up the bulk of their nearly hour-long conversation, "you should leave Grian alone."

"Excuse me?"

"Mumbo," his friend sighed, stifling another yawn, "I think you and I can both agree that you are - for lack of better words - not in a good place right now. You need to think about where you want your life to go, you know? Take me for example, I'm moving soon, and I've thought about it for a while now and decided that this is what I want to do. You need to do the same with yourself and Grian."

Hearing his friend's yawn made him realize just how long he was pacing for, causing the slight pain in his legs to become noticeable as Mumbo finally plopped himself in the middle of the couch Grian and him shared. "Congratulations man, but I seriously don't want to leave him alone, I feel like he needs me right now."

"Ughhhh Mumbo, you can't just think about yourself here, didn't you say that Grian was uncomfortable and dodgy with the question you asked him?" The engineer hadn't told Iskall what Grian and him had talked about - only that it made Grian uncomfortable - Mumbo was grateful that his friend didn't inquire any further.

"Okay, but I- after Sahara- it's just so sudden, I don't know how I'll start season 7 without him there."

"Look, Mumbo," Iskall's sentence was interrupted by an extremely long yawn, "it's just a break for you to organize yourselves and your feelings towards him. You can take this time to think about Redstone ideas or what you want to do in the new season, Grian doesn't have to be a part of every plan. Maybe he doesn't want to be, you know?"

"I guess.." The engineer said, remembering the new nether update and that he still wanted to design a wicked portal for a video.

"Good! If you need anything else let me know, but I need some sleep right now, so maybe tomorrow, okay?"