Chapter 8 ~ A Relationship ?

* Outfits in External Link*

Maggie's P.O.V

" are you positive honey?" My mom asked looking at me sympathetically. I nodded my head and walked back upstairs to my room.

Yesterday night I was released from the hospital without anyone knowing since I wanted it to be a surprise. The doctors said, I would be feeling sore for a few more weeks but I could go to school. So today was my first day back and it felt like the first day of school. Not sleeping for the whole night made me a bit tired. All I did was think about what happened, Gabe lying to me, running away, a group of guys, and me being in a coma for a week and a half.

I opened up my closet and looked into it , but first looking outside and checking the weather. It was a nice warm day so I decided on a pair of light denim jeans. A button up black blouse with a cute white collar, and the shoulders we bare. I paired it with some beige flats and a beige suede bag. I put some flower earrings in, a few bangles, and fish tail braided my hair to the side. 

I made my way downstairs and waved to parents before leaving the house and going to Fatima's house first. She lived a few minutes away, near the school. She still didn't know I was awake, from what I heard she cried a lot. And I felt really bad that she did, it was my own fault for running away in the middle of the night in Manhattan.

I took a deep breath in but being careful about my healing ribs. Before I could even knock the door flew open and Fatima stood there, he mouth wide opened.

" oh my god! I missed you hoe!" She screamed pulling me into a hug. I laughed and hugged her back, happy she wasn't mad.

" I missed you too, that week of sleeping really made my skin pale" I said looking down at my now paler skin tone. Fatima laughed and grabbed her bag before leaving the house. We linked arms and walked down the street towards school.

" so did I miss anything?"

" nope, but everybody in school is worried about you, some guys even planned to kill the people who beat you" She replied, taking out her phone as it buzzed. I smiled knowing that people in my school actually cared.

" aww that's sweet in a way, I hope they really don't do that though" I said stopping to wait for the light to change. Fatima nodded and tapped away on her phone.

" I would appreciate it if my hoe would stop texting her boyfriend and talk to her best friend who almost died"

" right sorry, did I say how much I love you?" She asked , a toothy smile playing on her lips. I chuckled and crossed the street pulling her with me.

" you know everybody misses you especially Gabe"She mumbled his name, making me stop. I turned around and faced her.

" can we just not speak of him again? "

" you should have seen him though, he looks worse than you , I mean he stayed by your side for the whole week and a half, never leaving except for school, and to take a shower, poor boy" She muttered , shaking her head. I stood there thinking about what she said. Was it possible that he even did that?

" can we please go?" I dragged her along to the main entrance, and immediately people started coming over hugging me.

" yo Maggie! I missed my gangster buddy, so listen me and the gang were thinking about that we get some weapons like you know pepper spray and stuff and just attack, like you know?" Robbie asked swinging an arm around me. I rolled my eyes and gave him a small hug.

" no violence Robbie, it's over with , it's history"

" it's not history, my grandma being born is history but not this, I'm happy your okay though" He said shooting me a wink before walking away. Me and Fatima looked at each other before cracking up. Robbie was my favorite gang guy, he was in a gang but he never killed anyone which was shocking, I mean that's what your supposed to do right?