Chapter 30: Wedded Bliss

A/N: Warning: R18. Sorry for the long wait! Life has been extra crazy.

#MIWOY30

———
———

The newlyweds and their entourage were requested to stay behind for some photos at the church, while the guests were free to proceed to the reception venue at The Peninsula Manila. Their families and close friends gamely did whatever the photographers and videographers asked of them, from the usual formal shots to the wacky ones.

When the photos with their entourage were done, Gabo and Billy stayed a bit longer for more shots of them as a couple. Pagkatapos ng photo session, bumalik sila sa hotel at sa suite ni Billy sila nagbihis ng reception attire nila: Billy into her delicate white Monique Lhuillier dress and Gabo into his three-piece suit — but instead of using the tie he'd originally selected to go with it, he wore Billy's wedding gift. It still matched his suit so it didn't stick out like a sore thumb.

As soon as Billy laid her eyes on Gabo, she instantly recognized the tie. Gabo helped her up from the makeup chair and took a good look at the work of art she was wearing — and the work of art wearing it — and gave the back of her hand a kiss. "Wow." That was all he could manage.

Uminit ang pisngi ni Billy. She gave him a shy and sweet smile before touching his tie. "You're wearing this," sabi niya.

"Of course. Galing kaya 'to sa asawa ko," Gabo answered and held her by the waist. "I love it. Lalo na yung surprise sa likod. Thank you, love," he said and kissed her temple.

"You're welcome, Mr. Villarica," sabi ni Billy at mabilis na humalik sa labi niya. "I love you."

Ngumiti si Gabo at hinalikan siya nang mas mahaba. "I love you, Mrs. Villarica," sagot niya at binigyan ulit siya ng malamyos na halik. "I can't believe I can call you that now. This is one of the happiest days of my life, baby. Thank you."

Billy slipped her arms around his waist. "Me too. Thank you."

Hinigpitan ni Gabo ang pagkakayakap niya kahit ingat na ingat siyang hindi magulo ang damit at buhok ni Billy. Paulit-ulit niyang hinalikan ang sentido ng asawa, whispering "I love yous" repeatedly, both oblivious to the staff around them.

After a few minutes, their wedding coordinator cleared her throat. "Excuse me, Mr. and Mrs. Villarica," she said with a smile. "We need to go down to the reception."

The couple nodded and Gabo offered his arm to Billy before putting his free hand over hers. "Let's go, Mrs. Villarica!" he said with an infectious grin. Billy chuckled at her husband's antics.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please direct your attention to the door as we welcome the newlyweds, Mr. and Mrs. Villarica!"

At the host's cue, pumasok sa ballroom sina Billy at Gabo, dancing to the upbeat music. Their guests cheered them on, with their entourage holding sparklers and the kids blowing bubbles.

Their arrival signaled the opening of their dinner buffet. Bago pa sila dumating, bukas na ang bar na may free-flowing alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at may finger food na ring naserve sa guests kaya hindi naman sila nainip kahit na early dinner pa ang schedule ng reception.

Once everyone had settled down and the newlyweds were seated upfront, Yuta and Helen got up to propose a toast to Billy and Gabo.

"Please raise your glasses, everyone!" Yuta said. "To the newlyweds! To Billy and Gabo! To Mr. and Mrs. Villarica!" He and Helen raised their champagne glasses in Billy and Gabo's direction.

"To more Villarica babies!" nakangiting habol ni Helen. "Cheers!" sabay nilang sabi ni Yuta at uminom na ng champagne.

"Cheers!" the newlyweds said and kissed before taking a swig from their own flutes.