Chapter 33: Love Burns Brighter

A/N: If everything goes according to plan (meaning, if I don't get carried away 😂), the next chapter will be the last one for this story.

Enjoy! Warning: R18

#MIWOY33

———
———

Billy's first instinct when they arrived at Gabo's oceanfront home in East Honolulu was to ask for a map.

Tinawanan lang siya ni Gabo. "It's not that huge," he said defensively, and then relented. "Si Dad ang nagpagawa nito, but I had it renovated a little two years ago. Si Mommy kasi, mahilig din sa beach. She always wanted to have a home by the beach," he explained.

Tumango si Billy. They were walking around the house — no, really, estate would be the more accurate term — and she made a mental note to stay beside Gabo because it seemed likely that she would get lost. "It looks like a hotel. O kaya yung mga malalaking spa resort?" she commented.

Gabo shrugged. "Then at least we can relax," sabi niya at binuksan ang isang pinto. "Ito yung kwarto natin."

Napanganga na lang si Billy nang makita ang glass windows sa harapan ng kama kung saan kitang-kita ang dagat. Parang painting! Minimal lang ang gamit sa kwarto kaya lalong nagmukhang maluwag yun at mahighlight talaga ang view.

Gabo wheeled their luggage to the walk-in closet near the bathroom. Lumabas si Billy sa balcony ng kwarto at tinignan ang paligid. Because the property was in a posh area, malayo ang mga pinakamalapit na bahay na mukhang wala ring tao.

"Do you want to see the rest of the house or pahinga muna? Pwede kang matulog muna. Gigisingin na lang kita for dinner," sabi ni Gabo nang lumabas siya sa balcony. "I have a housekeeper here so wala tayong iisipin. Bukas lang ako may meeting tapos may titignan lang ako sa office namin dito. You can come with me if you want."

Billy shook her head. "Hindi na love, ayokong makaistorbo," pagtanggi niya.

Gabo led her back inside their room dahil medyo mainit sa labas at pinaupo muna siya sa kama bago kumuha ng remote para masara ang blinds at curtains. "Okay. Let's rest for a bit. Itatawag ko lang kay Manang Ging na mamaya tayo magdidinner. Do you have any requests?"

"Wala naman."

Billy headed to the shower to wash away the grime from their long-haul flight. Pagbalik niya ay nakaligo na rin si Gabo sa kabilang kwarto at inaayos na ang kama nila. When he saw her, he smiled and tapped her side of the bed and helped her settle in before heading to his side.

Gabo gathered Billy into his arms in their usual sleeping position. Hinagkan niya ang noo ng asawa. "Rest well, love," Gabo whispered and stroked her hair to lull her to sleep.

They woke up a few hours later and had dinner. Pinakilala siya ni Gabo sa housekeeper na sa kabilang dako ng malaking bahay nakatira. Matapos ang dinner ay nagpahinga lang sila saglit at natulog na ulit dahil napagod sa biyahe.

The next day, Billy sent off Gabo to his only workday out of their vacation.

"What time ka matatapos?" tanong ni Billy habang palabas sila ng bahay. Sa driveway, a car with a driver was already waiting for Gabo who was dressed formally for his meeting. His suit jacket was hanging on one of his arms and he held Billy's waist with the other.

"I'll be back around six or seven, love," sabi ni Gabo. He leaned in for a quick kiss. "If you need anything, nandyan lang si Manang ha. Kung gusto mong maglibot, sabihan mo lang siya. She can call a driver for you. Or kung gusto mo ng massage or anything."

Perfect. "I might just swim and rest," sagot ni Billy at inayos ang tie ni Gabo.

"Okay," Gabo said. Humabol pa siya ng isang halik. "I'll text. I love you." He hugged her one more time and then went inside the car. Billy waited until the car left before she entered the house again.