Chapter 35: You and Me

A/N: I've always believed that endings don't need to be like the ones we see in fairytales — the ones wrapped neatly with ribbons and rainbows — especially for a story like this one where the characters' journeys have just begun.

You will see what I mean when this chapter (and story!) ends.

Thank you for supporting this story. I didn't expect to even reach a thousand reads so 100k+ views is unbelievable for me. I only wrote this because I loved MIWY's first week but was disappointed with what happened next, to be honest. I've had this account for a while and was meaning to write LQ fics in the past. It's funny that my disappointment with MIWY was what motivated me to write.

I found condescending fans on Twitter who were telling those disappointed with MIWY's story to shut up and was turned off kaya dito ko na lang binuhos lahat. Kaya kung isa ka sa mga ganung klaseng tao, hi! You're not a better fan than others just because you love all their projects. At kung isa ka naman sa mga nadisappoint, tulad ko, that doesn't make you less of a fan. I hope this narrow-minded mentality disappears for good. Wishful thinking.

Thank you for the views, the comments and the reactions on Twitter. I really appreciate it.

Until the next one!

Warning: R18

#MIWOY35

———
———

Speaking to Mik finally laid to rest some of Gabo and Billy's fears about trying to conceive again. Top of mind for Gabo was ensuring a safe pregnancy for Billy. Mik said there was no reason to expect another miscarriage, pero makabubuti rin na mag-ingat na lang si Billy kung mabuntis na siya ulit. While there is no way of ensuring a baby's survival, sabi ni Mik, the best thing to do is just take care of both the mother and the child in her womb.

"Just listen to your body," sabi ni Mik kay Billy habang naglalakad sila nina Gabo palabas ng ospital. "Remember nung pinagbubuntis mo yung kambal? Ganun lang ding klaseng pag-iingat. Don't overexert yourself. We can adjust limitations kapag nandun na tayo at alam na natin ang specific needs ng baby."

Gabo listened with rapt attention. He was determined to remember all of Mik's reminders para maalagaan niyang mabuti ang asawa at ang mga magiging anak nila kung kailan man ibigay yun sa kanila. I wasn't there when she was pregnant with the twins. I'll make up for it by taking care of her when she carries our future babies.

Sensing his tense aura, Billy squeezed Gabo's arm and smiled at him before turning to Mik again. "Last na. Ano namang advice mo sa'min for conception?" she asked jokingly.

Siyempre sineryoso ni Mik ang tanong. "Relax. Sabi niyo naman, wala kayong hinahabol na oras. Dapat hindi kayo stressed. Get regular checkups — that means you too, Gabo," he nodded at Billy's husband. "Usually, kahit after mawala ang effect ng Depo, matatagalan pa rin bago magnormalize ang hormones kaya hindi agad nabubuntis yung iba. So if it takes long, that shouldn't be a cause for worry." Tinignan niya ang pagkakapulupot ng braso ni Gabo sa bewang ni Billy. "Ah, ito naman, advice ko as a friend. Take your time in bed. Get in the mood and make time for it. Pahinga 'pag pagod tapos laban lang kapag kaya," he said in a low, teasing voice.

"Ikaw, ang laswa mo," sabi ni Billy at tinampal ang braso ng kaibigan.

Mik rolled his eyes. "Virgin ka girl? Nanganak ka na nga ng kambal, ayaw mo pa ring pag-usapan paano nakakabuo ng bata?!" he scoffed jokingly and tapped Gabo's shoulder. "Pero seryoso nga kasi yun. Hindi makakatulong ang stress. And as usual, don't hesitate to tell me if you feel anything out of the ordinary."

Dumiretso sila sa bahay ni Jessica. They'd dropped off the twins there on their way to the hospital and Gabo was amused na halos itaboy pa sila palayo ng kambal pagkakita nila kay Jethro.