Chapter Nine- Before.

-In Love.

“You’ll know when you love someone.”

He didn’t answer my calls and I didn’t know if he read my text messages. I was so confused. I had no idea what to do or think. James was my first boyfriend and this was our first fight. I wasn’t entirely sure what to think. Were we still fighting or not?

I had no idea.

>< 

He showed up the next night. I’d never been good at reading people but with just one glance I knew. He was nervous. I could tell. The way his hand constantly went to his hair, the way his steps were hesitant and his teeth sunk into his bottom lip.

That wasn’t the James I knew. He didn’t have his signature grin or smirk on his face. His normal green eyes didn’t normally hold the panic that I knew he was trying hard to hide. I didn’t like this James.

“Cassandra,” he breathed and I felt my heart break. I wasn’t Cassandra to James, I was always Cassie. So what changed?

“Hey,” I whispered and took a step closer to him.

“I-I’m sorry Cassie,” he spoke up, running his hand through his hair. I inwardly sighed at the use of my nickname.

“It’s okay James. It was just a stupid fight. All couples have them.”

He shook his head. “No, Cass, you don’t understand.”

“James,” I whispered and walked to him. I took his face in both my hands and rested my forehead against his.

“I have to tell you something James.”

I felt him tense before he nodded his head. “I have to tell you something too Cassie.”

I smiled before I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I love you James,” I whispered.

I held my breath as I waited for James to say something. I wasn’t sure what love was but I had a feeling it. To me love was when a smile would appear on your face whenever you thought of someone. When you didn’t just feel butterflies in your stomach but it felt like the entire jungle. When you heart didn’t just beat faster but it felt like it stopped. When you’re up at night and all you can think of is what they’re doing.

But mostly I thought loving someone was about accepting all their flaws and loving who they were anyway.

But maybe, just maybe, love was something that no one could describe because it was different for everyone. But I knew I loved James.

“Cassie, I-I…I love you too.”

And I grinned. The biggest smile ever took over my face because I actually believed it.

If only I knew it was going to come crashing down and burn all around me.

A/N.

I know. It's super short but it's just a filler and I have insane writer's block. Hopefully I can update by the 20th with the last chapter but the place is insane for Christmas.

-xoxo,

Jay.