Chapter 17

Aelin's POV

Helion stood up, "Galathynius?"

"And here I was thinking that my name would mean nothing to anyone," I drawled while cleaning my nails.

"I thought that was just a story." Now Helion had her full attention.

"What do you mean?" I asked while peering at him.

"Well... I don't remember the story entirely. But you used to be able to travel between realms and it was once stated that the High Lords came across a territory called-"

"Terrasen." I finished for him.

"How did you know?" He asked me.

"Because if you recognize the Galathynius line than you most definitely know of Terrasen. My territory and home." Tamlin stood up at that.

"What do you mean? Your territory? Surely there is some male in charge of you." I lifted a brow at the statement. Is he serious?

Oh yes. Completely utterly serious.

"Yes. My territory. I am the Queen. There is no King, Tamlin. Gods, I understand why Feyre likes Rhys better than you. I mean at first, I thought he was some annoying bastard, but now... And since he's also her mate... Well, there really is no competition. At least, not from you. I mean what female needs a male to keep her trapped up like some kind of trophy?" I asked him and he just grew redder and redder with each word. From anger and embarrassment for sure.

"You have no right to talk to a High Lord like that!" He shouted at me.

"Actually... She does. She's a Queen. From another world, no less. And she is descended from one of, if not the most, powerful bloodline," Helion answered. 

"Exactly. Plus I could kick your ass in less than a minute with zero magic and weapons." While I nodded in agreement with Helion and forming a wicked grin.

"That just proves my point! If she's a female and powerful she'd be sold off to whoever is of the highest stature!" My eyes widened. He did not just say that.

He seemed to misinterpret my shock as fear because he just smiled in self-satisfaction.

"Aelin-" Feyre started. Too late. I had a flaming dagger already pointed at his throat and another at his heart and a third between his eyes. "-don't..." She finished with a groan.

"Give me one damn reason not to shove my flames down your rutting throat and turn you to ashes." His face didn't even show any fear. I would've been impressed if I wasn't pissed.

"Well... I suppose these are idle threats. I mean you're just a female playing with pretty flames. Females can't handle death." I laughed at that. Gods help me. I was going to die from laughter!

I slowly stopped laughing and wiped the tears out of my eyes. "First, thank you! SO much! I needed a good laugh! Second," My voice dropped to a deadly tone. "What part of Fire-breathing bitch Queen don't you get? Third, I've caused more deaths than you can count."

Feyre groaned and placed her head in hands while everyone was looking at me like I was crazy.

"What?" I asked innocently.

I'm going to have to explain this one if you don't... Feyre said.

Not yet. Give it three... two... one... I pointed towards Viviane as her jaw dropped.

All attention was on Viviane now as she was shaking her head.

"Don't worry, Vive. I'm not going to kill you. I rather like you, actually. The only one I'm tempted to kill is him," I told her as I smiled wickedly and added another dagger to the ones pointed at Tamlin. One thought would kill him.

She looked towards Feyre and after a reassuring nod from Feyre, Viviane smiled slightly.

"Trust me. Aelin's the best friend you could ever have. But as good a friend as she is, she's just as bad of an enemy," Feyre told her with a pointed glare at Tamlin. "And since she's our ally. I suggest that you don't get on either one of our bad sides."

"Aelin. If you don't mind me asking... Why are you here?" Helion asked me.

"Well, I don't know how many of you are familiar with wyrdmarks and before you ask I am not going to teach you how to use them. But, I created a portal to escape from someone and arrived in the Night Court a year ago, Calanmai. And I was hoping that if any of you had books on said marks, you would let me use them so I could return home to my family."

Silence fell in the room. The kind of silence that one could cut with a knife. I looked to Feyre in desperation. This was my last hope. I had gone through every book on wyrdmarks in the Night Court and any book that might mention other worlds.

"Please. I just want to go home to my kingdom and people. To my friends and family. To my mate. To my daughter." The last two were barely a whisper. I tried bringing calming memories to mind. Memories of those that were left behind in my world. And their faces. I couldn't remember the shade of Aedion's hair. Or the colour of Manon's face. Or the shape of Elide's nose. Or the exact colour of Rowan's eyes.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks. I stood up, "Thank you for having me here. I m afraid I have to go back to the Night Court," I said as politely as possible while my voice shook. I was never going to see the Staghorns again. I was never going to hear Rowan's voice again. And I was never going to hold Elentiya in my arms.

I turned to walk out when a voice rang out.

"Wait." I turned to see Viviane standing. "I can't stand letting a mated female never see her mate again." She looked at Kallias. "I think I speak for me and Kallias when I say that we want to help you go back to your mate and daughter." He just nodded in agreement.

"Thank you. Thank you so much," I said while standing on shaky knees.

"I think that we female rulers have to stick together, right Feyre?" She replied and Feyre nodded.

Feyre came up to me, "I think we're going to retire now. How about we continue these conversations in the morning?" Viviane nodded in agreement.

"Me, too." She said and we all walked out.

I barely made it out the door before sobbing in joy, "I'm going home." I turned to Viviane with a tear-stained face. "Thank you. For helping me get him."

Her smile shone brightly on her pale face. "No. Thank you for showing these insane males how strong females are." She walked away and I couldn't stop smiling. 

I had to find a way to get home.