Chapter 02

There was no movement from the man after Zhao Xing knocked him out, but then again who'd have enough conscience after being hit so hard? He didn't even groan in pain nor did he launch a counterattack. He just fainted right away.

Zhao Xing was feeling proud for a brief of moment. She, a useless modern woman, could take down an ancient flower thief such as this man. However, that pleasant feeling only lasted for a blink of an eye. The girl was immediately stunned as she glanced down at the layer of snow in the ground being tinted with a bright, crimson liquid.

If Zhao Xing remembered correctly, she didn't use much force to whack him. Her strength could definitely make him faint, but not to the point that he would directly meet King Yama and bleed this much!

Did he die? Did he really die? He couldn't have! Her strength was still weak! Did she possess some supernatural strength? How ridiculous!

Panicking, Zhao Xing nudged the man's body with her feet. "Oi, Big Brother?"

Seeing as though he wasn't responding, the second young miss quickly squatted down and placed her head on the man's broad chest. She also rolled up his sleeves to feel his pulse. Zhao Xing let out a relieved sigh upon hearing his heartbeat. Even though it was unsteady, at least she was sure he didn't actually die... because man, that'd be rough.

However, Zhao Xing's breath hitched as her gaze fell on the man's stomach. The wound didn't stop bleeding, and the injury seemed quite heavy, to the point where his blood already soaked the majority of his robe.

"Oh no!" Zhao Xing didn't exactly know what to do in this sort of situation. In her previous life, she's never really seen such an injury like this. She became more alarmed at how fast this man could die whilst her heart pounded rather erratically.

Right at that moment, Xiao Yi appeared behind her. The maid was still panting, taking deep breaths before struggling to speak. Despite the cold weather and the winds picking up, her forehead was filled with a faint layer of sweat.

"Yo—" She still couldn't calm her racing heartbeat. "Young Miss, Ruyi is still nowhere to be seen! He's not in his pavilion!"

Zhao Xing wanted to cry, but she had no tears to shed!

Closing her eyes in frustation, the girl quickly took a decision. This man needed to be saved! She wouldn't let her mansion to be haunted by a flower thief ghost!

"Xiao Yi, help me to bring him to my chamber." Zhao Xing positioned herself to lift the man's upper body. "You go lift his feet. Let's not drop him on the ground!"

The man was heavy, and the girls struggled to carry him all the way inside. It was fortunate that they managed to bring him in Zhao Xing's chamber. Along the way, the girl lost count of how many times she accidentally dropped his head on the ground. If he got amnesia, it was not her fault!

"Xiao Yi ah, go help me fetch a basin of clean water and silken cloth," Zhao Xing quickly instructed her maid with the last of her energy. Her face was already pale as a ghost with sweat trailing down the side of her face.

Before tending the man that lying on her bed, Zhao Xing dragged herself to the tea table to take a quick drink. She couldn't die from dehydration, she definitely couldn't die! To save that person, she chugged down several cups of tea and was relieved by the moment of peace.

Zhao Xing's body was already delicate and fragile to begin with. Now with how much energy she exerted, the girl felt as if she almost lost her life for the second time. She needed several more moments to calm her racing heart and steadied her shaking legs. Zhao Xing began to feel better after Xiao Yi came back with a basin of clean water in her hand.