Chapter 1: Ignition of Blood

It was a pleasant Ardas in the month of Byako in Raidos the capital city of Thunderous a country on the human side of Terras. On the city's outskirts facing the multicolored barrier known as The Aurora was a field with a hill overlooking it.

At the bottom of the hill sat a strange yellow vespa with wheels made of tough rubber where the head light would be was a crystal ball about ten inches in diameter that seemed to contain a second smaller orb of energy orbited by what appeared to be lightning bolts the back seat was large enough to fit two people comfortably and had 'Sparky' painted on its side panel.

A gentle breeze blew across the hillside making the green grass sway almost hypnotically. Though the beauty of the moment was all but wasted on the sole inhabitant currently lying on a dark green blanket, she was Katelyn Gale.

Katelyn is fifteen years of age with fair skin stood about five feet two inches tall with a fairly athletic build had she had shoulder length light brown hair in a ponytail she was dozing with a peaceful look on her face. 

She was wearing her schools uniform which consisted of a yellow tunic, tan pants and some grey boots. 

The color of the students tunic was used to show what elemental affinity each student had which is why Katelyn wore a yellow tunic to show that she had an affinity for lightning.

Some of the female students didn't seem to like the unisex uniforms due to the fact that they didn't allow them to show off their figures.

Katelyn didn't mind though since the tunic covered her odd looking shoulder blades that ended in twin bulges of skin on each side of her spine but her mother had told her not to worry since they didn't seem to be affecting her posture at all and they were easy to hide.

Suddenly Katelyn's peace was disrupted by a sudden beeping noise reaching into her pocket Katelyn produced a small rectangular object Katelyn slowly opened her left eye revealing the vibrant blue of her iris.

Katelyn took a moment to just stare at the object in her hand just to study it for a moment.

 It was about the size of her hand yet extremely thin the front was a screen of what appeared to be a type of glass imbedded in a metallic box with a small crystal the size of  a thumbnail set just beneath the screen and a small gemstone was set on the other side of the device used  to capture images it was directed towards, the device was called a slate.

The screen lit up with a white background as words appeared as the sound continued to play an image of a young girl Katelyns age with tan skin, black hair and chocolate brown eyes, standing in front of a mountainous landscape over the girls head was text that read Emilia and near the bottom of the image were two bubbles icons one red one green that she could pick from to choose if she wanted to accept or decline the conversation offer.

Katelyn tapped her finger on the green bubble and the screen went black for a moment before the girl appeared on the screen and started talking.

"There you are Kate I was starting to wonder where you where, I mean I get it you are enjoying the fact that your big brother is out of town but still you have to tell me where you are going what if one of those people who have it out for the Skyforce Champion finds you out there by yourself?"

Emilia continued talking to her but Katelyn was tuning her out. She loved Emilia like a sister, but she was a worrier ever since she met Katelyn's older half brother Raiden Gale.

He was a fairly imposing man, he was 30 years of age stood six foot two inches, was well built that could be seen even though he wore light weight full plate armor made from mithral more often then not.