Chapter 2: The Demon Side

It was late morning slightly overcast day on a dirt road in Thunderous where a large four door truck is speeding along floating a foot off the ground using wheels that where tucked into the side to act as turbines that kept it aloft while also propelling it forward. It was heading in the direction of The Aurora.

In the driver's seat sat Raiden wearing his armor. Normally sitting and driving in armor would be an uncomfortable experience but Raidens armor was fairly light weight made by a master blacksmith using mithril for strength and it's magical properties along with some gold for it's conductivity under his armor he also wore a special body suit made out of unique blend of silk and copper and was designed to stimulate certain pressure points that helps reduce the negative repercussions wearing armor for prolonged periods may cause.

In the back seat of the truck were two objects. The first was Raidens mother's sword that Raiden took up to honor her and because it was a masterfully forged blade it was three feet long tsurugi forged from mithril with a gold alloy guard Raiden had been given the option to have a new sword forged just for him but he refused stating that he had trained with swords of similar length to his mother's and that even though she may not have been able to fight the way she used to her sword still could.

The second item in the back seat was a  powerful relic of ancient times that just by having it in his possession cemented Raidens position as Skyforce Champion, it had a unique appearance with a bladed head that was a foot long and about six inches wide and about half an inch thick attached to an ornate guard that was attached to a five foot pole.

It was The Lightning Lance forged centuries ago. It had a blade of solid mithril and the rest is a gold-mithril alloy that kept the conductive properties of gold but had the superior strength of mithril this alloy along with enchantments that had been forged into it made it virtually indestructible as well as the most powerful lightning based weapon in the world.

Katelyn was sitting in the passenger seat still feeling awkward in her body. She was wearing a uniquely tailored goldenrod long sleeve shirt that had an opening in the back for her wings some newly purchased black jeans and a pair of Raidens boots since none of her shoes fit her anymore her wings were wrapped around her shoulders all in all they made it look like she was wearing a poncho. And her skin had changed its color slightly going from a pinkish orange to a light red almost pink tone.

The back seat of the vehicle contained two steamer trunks which contained some of her possessions very few of which were clothing as her new height had made her old clothes too small. In the bed of the vehicle was Sparky unfortunately after Katelyn channeled the energy from Sparkys crystal ball for her big attack she had also fried a number of it's components, not that she was going to be using it much after she put on almost an extra foot in height Sparky was a bit too small for her but apparently Grigar had told Raiden to bring it with them.

It has been a week since her demon blood had awoken causing her to undergo her transformation into her new form at least now she understood why she had those odd growths on her back apparently been the "wing buds" she'd heard about in the intro to demon biology class everyone takes in middle school.

Apparently winged demons wings develop in a unique way so they don't interfere with the birthing process. The wings start out being covered by a layer of skin until they finish developing and they shed the upper layer of skin to allow the wings to sprout.

Reminiscing about the class she'd taken only a year ago caused Katelyn to recall the memory of last week after the battle with Crustor, she was taken to the school infirmary where she passed out after expending so much energy, first from her big spell during class, then from channeling energy from Sparky through herself for an attack, but mostly from her transformation.