Chapter 3: Warm Welcome

The city limits of Dragnoff were very quiet until the silence was broken by a loud roaring noise. Then the source of the sound crested the hill side road leading out of the city revealing itself to be Grigar's chaser being revved up as he increased his speed as he drove up the hill as he passed the large sign which read. "You are now leaving Dragnoff. Please come again."

Following a few yards behind Grigar was a rumbler driven by his second in command Tatiana, in the seat next to Tatiana sat Katelyn holding her slate. The rumblers trunk and back seat mostly contained Katelyn's luggage as well as her newly acquired wardrobe. 

Katelyn's new wardrobe consisted of half a dozen halter tops, several "wing tailored" shirts, about seven pairs of pants of various styles, three long skirts, the shortest of which still covered her knees and two dresses in case she has to attend any important gatherings along with two swimsuits a one piece boyleg shortsleeve swimsuit Tatiana told her would be great for training, and a two piece bikini that Krystal had picked out for her the sight of it had brought a slight blush to Katelyn's face.

She also remembered she had picked out some socks, two pairs of shoes, a pair of durable boots and a pair of half inch heels to go with the dresses. Not to mention after recalling the recommendation made by Tatiana, she also procured several sets of undergarments all boxer brief cut for modesty.

But Katelyn's thoughts weren't on her new clothes, they were on the message she was currently writing up on her slate for Raiden about the armor guardian that had attacked Dragnoff and the individual who spoke through it who called himself Professor Douglas Gurshand. 

Once Katelyn was satisfied with what she had written she hit the send icon which sent the message through the air via a signal of in unaligned energy to deliver the message directly to Raiden's slate.

With that done Katelyn decided to get a look at the land she would be calling home for the foreseeable future.

As Katelyn looked out she was a bit taken aback. As she was greeted by an intimidating castle. As they drew closer Katelyn could make out more of the buildings details. The castles was framed by four stone and metallic ramparts with what she assumed were windows each of which had a metal shutter that opened outward. 

Some of the shutters were closed while others were open, the open shutters revealed that each window appeared to have double hung glass windows set in them, most of which appeared to be open, the placement of the windows seemed to indicate to Katelyn that the castle had three floors excluding the top of the building and any basement levels.

Each of the four towers traveled the height of the ramparts and continued further upward forming lookout towers.

As they got closer Katelyn could now make out the castles entry way which appeared to be a large open door with two large metal half doors one on each side of the entry way.

At this point Katelyn guessed they were only two miles from the castle and she was just realized that it had been getting very warm for the last few minutes and as more of the castles surroundings came into view she realized why it was so warm.

The castle was surrounded by ponds full of lava and all but the front most part of the castle appeared to be submerged in lava. Katelyn had to assume the metal was special since it was clearly touching the lava and didn't appear to be glowing or melting as you would expect it to be.

Noticing Katelyn's stare, Tatiana decided to speak up. "Pretty impressive isn't it? It's one of the oldest castles in the entire demon hemisphere, it was constructed centuries ago using lost methods we are only now getting close to recreating. It's called The Flaming Fortress and is going to be your new home away from home, it's also rumored to have been the home of Pyros, the first true fire demon."