Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Percy's POV

As I sat, staring across the Black Lake, I thought back to when my life officially got turned upside down.

**Flashback**

Sitting at a small dinner in Boston, I couldn't help but think back to what I had just heard. Around twenty minutes, at Camp Half-Blood, I had received an Iris message from Piper informing me of the fate of my cousin, allie, and friend, Jason Grace. I remember the initial shock that I felt, which had caused me to accidentally mist travel to Boston, where Annabeth was visiting her cousin, before it was replaced by shame. Shame because I could have changed everything. Had I agreed to join Apollo on his quest, there was a chance that Jason could have still been alive. I could have fought alongside my cousin. I could have had his back in his time of need, much like he has had mine in my times of need.

"Stop thinking like that Percy!" Annabeth scolded, breaking me out of my thoughts, and sounding extremely upset, which was reasonable considering everything that I had just told her. 

"I wasn't thinking anything wise girl." I insisted.

Annabeth scoffed, "please Seaweed Brain, im not stupid, I know you are blaming yourself for Jason's death, and you need to stop. This isn't your fault."

"I should have been there for him, had I gone with Apollo, Jason could still be alive."

"Or you could be dead right alongside him" Annabeth countered, "There is nothing you could have done Percy, Jason was an excellent fighter, anything that could take him down, would have given you a challenge to combat, let alone protect him from, so stop blaming yourself!"

"We need to tell Thalia." I said morosely. "She deserves to know that her brother is dead"

"Your right." Annabeth said sadly, probably realising how much this would affect Thalia.

"She just got him back" I mumbled. "We need to tell her in person, this is too personal to not tell her over an IM, at least for her." I continued, standing up and holding my hand out to Annabeth.

"Do you think you can get us there in one peace?" Annabeth asked, referring to my newly learned ability to travel by the mist.

"That was one time Annabeth" I insisted, "besides, I was able to locate your foot within the mist within a few minutes." Annabeth just rolled her eyes at me

"Lets go Perce" She said forlornly, standing up. "We have delayed long enough."

"Your right, let's go" I said, shifting us into mist and moving us through the air in search of the hunters camp, before reforming just outside the borders. "Best not to just appear in the middle of their camp" I said, "I don't need any arrows where Apollo doesn't shine." I chuckled, remembering one of the first times I tried to visit Thalia through the mist, and I almost got turned into a porcupine, before the hunters realised who I was.

As me and Annabeth walked towards the hunters camp, I could help but enjoy the peace and quiet of the woods.

"What do you think she is doing right now?" Annabeth asked

"I don't know, probably pranking some of the hunters, or maybe training some new recruits." I responded chuckling, thinking of the updates that Thalia had frequently given us since the end of the Giant war. "Have you heard from her much lately?" I asked.

"Yea, she IM'ed me last week, they found some interesting new recruits."

"Interesting how?" I inquired.