Episode 4: Crossing The Line

Grabbing at her wits, Leslie shook her head and regarded him seriously. "I thought you said you didn't want my opinion on your works."

His lips made a thin line, seemingly unimpressed by her jab at him.

"If it brings you great satisfaction to not say anything about it then fine. Do as you please."

She grabbed at his hand quickly as he went to leave.

His eyes looked down at the act, stunned.

"Don't go."

Her words brought a certain implication which she could have never imagined. They had an unfathomable depth, yet they carried the warmth and life of the sun.

His blue eyes poured over it like water onto fire. "If you're not going to answer my prior question then don't expect anything of me."

She slowly released his wrist, lips parting in shock.

"Are you always this difficult?"

He brought his hand up to idly play with the rolex watch on his hand.

"According to reliable sources, yes. I am always this difficult." He agreed easily as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Then he took one step further towards her, closing the distance. She gazed up at him, heart thumping within her ears.

"Do you have a problem with that?"

New fantasies formed about him kissing her with his perfect mouth or bending her over his desk. It made her flushed that she really was thinking to that far extent when it came to him. She really was a woman in the dry desert of a lover's affection. And it had been years without rain.

"No," she coughed, her throat feeling like sandpaper. "I don't have a problem with that."

He hummed.

"I thought so."

Turning on the heels of his feet, he turned to leave the room.

She spoke quickly before he made it through the door. "It's liberating!"

He froze.

With her eyes staring at the expanse of his broad back, she proceeded softly. "It's a classical Christopher Wells book. All strings attached."

His form did a full one eighty degree spin, eyes holding hers deeply. "Expound on that."

Again with his commands, she noted.

"I mean," she cleared her throat. "It has everything you always aim to incorporate into your works. The professional relationship between Joseph and Lisa is outstanding—with them being partners for over ten years but only taking the initiative to cross that line only after so long. It's like a ticking time bomb finally exploding. In the best way possible of course."

"What do you think about the manner in which they've crossed that line? Does it bring you excitement to a certain degree? That is, if you were in the place of Lisa."

A blush painted her cheeks. "I—I don't think it's appropriate to say."

Isn't he asking about my sexual preferences to some extent?

With his keen eyes, he took notice of the rosy shade to her cheeks.

Folding his arms, he casually leaned against the doorframe. She gulped at how good he looked by doing something as mundane as that. With his slender yet fit body, he was a force to be reckoned with. She started to wonder if he worked out on the regular. He had to with how good he looked. One would think a writer who was cooped up in his office for almost fifteen hours in a day would have a not-so-impressive figure. Like those dirty old men did. But Christopher proved her wrong, being just as desirable as the male leads in his books. And that was just as appetizing for her eyes to follow.