Baba

Baba sat in front of you with his hand on his chin deep in thought. You had just confided in him about your past, you hoped it was the right choice and he'd understand but the silence that was choking the air made you feel tense. Your lips had begun to quiver as fear had started to set in but that soon vanished when you felt his warm hand upon yours. Your eyes widened and you looked towards him to see a gentle kindness fill his eyes.

Gripping your hand with one of his he brought the other up to your cheek caressing it lightly, "...That made me so happy. I was so touched that you opened up to me about your past and that you trusted me enough to say it." He whispered, smiling sweetly at you, "You don't have to worry though. When I promised I'd always love you no matter what, I meant it." Baba said bringing your hand up to rest on his chest, "Feel my heartbeat... My heart beats for you and even after it stops my love for you will live on. Please don't worry about the past," He said tracing a finger over your lips, "I just want to keep seeing the pretty smile on your face. No treasure in the world could ever replace that." He said pulling you close to him, "I love you..." He brought his lips upon yours melting all your fears away. You knew as long as he was by your side you would never have anything to fear.