Ichor

Thousands of years ago, caves existed in Crete, which were created in such a way, as to catch the light of Sirius (Derived from the Ancient Greek Σείριος (Seirios), meaning "glowing" or "scorcher"), also known as the Dog Star, the brightest star in the night sky, which shines in the constellation of Canis Major and is visible from most everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere during the winter months.

Dwelling in these caves, were sacred honeybees, who, in the blue-white glare of Sirius, created a mystical, golden honey, containing nectar and ambrosia, food of the Greek Gods, which is believed to promote longevity, and immortality, to whoever consumed it.

"Ichor", the fluid running through the veins of Greek Gods, is said to contain this wondrous concoction of golden honey, nectar and ambrosia, said to be poisonous to mere mortals, killing them on the spot.

One of the most known myths, concerning "Ichor", is of Talos, a Cretan God.

Talos, a bronze, winged giant, created by Hephaestus, at the request of Zeus, to protect his daughter, Europa, (Some sources have Talos forged from bronze by the inventor Daedalus, father of Icarus and creator of the famous Cretan labyrinth, inhabited by the Minotaur), had "Ichor", running through a single vein in his body.

This single vein, containing the "Ichor" in Talos' body, was stoppered by a nail, to prevent this magical liquid from escaping. All was going splendidly; Talos protected Europa, by hurling rocks at pirates and invaders, until one day, after the acquisition of The Golden Fleece, Jason and The Argonauts arrived on the scene.

Battle ensued, in which Media, the sorceress wife of Jason, pulled out the nail in Talos' back, releasing the "Ichor", killing Talos instantly.

I was going to finish with "Ichor" here, but then, things became really interesting!

Ichor and rhesus O negative blood type

As you probably know, Greek Gods frequently cavorted with humans, any offspring resulting from these shenanigans, had a fifty fifty chance of inheriting their blood group from either the mother or the father, as is with humans today.

We aren't talking about any old blood here; we're talking "Ichor", if a child, resulting from an affair between a God and a human, was lucky enough to end up with "Ichor", running through its veins, it was a very special child indeed, set apart from us ordinary humans, he was a king!

Now "Ichor" is blue in colour, you can find it mentioned as black, or green, but this is to be found in books, such as Dungeons and Dragons, or, Harry Potter.

The "Ichor" of the ancient Greeks is blue. (Or, some say, maybe gold).