Prologue

"Daddy?"

Jungkook slowly looks up from where he's seated on the couch, hands interlocked and settling on his lap. His glasses slide down his nose a little but he doesn't bother pushing them back up.

His mouth opens and closes like a fish, hearts beating faster for some reason as the little girl stands silently in front of him, waiting for a response.

She's dressed in a pink tutu and red sparkly boots that make the college student grimace in disgust. It's all too much: the huge ribbon in her hair, the rainbow necklace on her neck, the noisy bracelets on her wrist and the red toy flip phone she keeps on flipping every few minutes.

She looks like she came straight out of a cartoon.

Her colourful outfit contradicts the background with its dull walls and floor littered with empty chips and noodles bags, a torn chair at a side and dirty coffee mugs on the table, sorrounded by piles of paper, a couple of textbooks and an old model phone with a cracked screen.

She smiles innocently, head tilting in confusion at his lack of response, her smooth short hair swaying with the motion and her big doe eyes widening.

Jungkook takes in a deep breath, leaning back. He can't think of a response to what she just called him, so he opens his mouth and says the first thing that comes to his mind.

"Do I look likeㅡ"

---

A/N: hello :) this is my first fanfic on this account, hope you enjoy

Also, Jungkook will be wearing round glasses most of the time so you may imagine him like that

~❄