Chapter 1

Skye sat next to Chase. Skye put her head on her paws and laid herself down. She had a minor frown on her face.

Chase was happily telling Skye how he yanked a tug toy out of Rocky's mouth once. "It was so great! He didn't expect me to yank the tug- Skye, are you listening?"

Skye looked up at Chase, still on the ground. "Yes" muttered Skye, trying to sound like she was paying attention.

"I should go back to my pup house now." Skye said.

Chase frowned. "Okay. See you later, I guess."

Skye looked down at her paws as she walked over to her bright pink pup house.

Skye pushed her bed a few inches, revealing a diary with a fuzzy pink cover. She took out a little pen, and began to write in her diary.

Dear Diary,

I just don't think me and Chase are a perfect fit. But I just can't confess my feelings to him! What if he gets mad at me? I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings! But, I do know a pup, who may be my destiny. His fur has always been very soft, and just his presence makes me feel so warm inside! I won't state his name, because I don't want to tell Chase just yet.

- Skye

Skye hid the diary back under her pillow. She sighed.

Skye then heard a knock at her pup house door. She grumbled. "Chase, what do you want?"

Chase scratched at the door. "I want to play!"

Skye mumbled. "Fine. I'm coming."

Several hours of playing later...

"That was fun!" Chase said, wagging his tail and panting happily. "Up for another round tomorrow?"

"Sure." said Skye, trying to hide the sadness in her voice.

Ryder came up to the two pups. "Everyone is going to be watching fireworks today!"

Skye and Chase walked over to where the rest of the pups were sitting.

"I have to meet with a friend." Skye said. "I won't be able to sit with you."

Chase did a half-smile. "That's okay. Marshall and Rubble wanted to tell me something anyway."

The two pups nodded at each other.

Skye sat with Rocky. "I have to say something. Can you keep a secret?"

"Yes I can!" Rocky said, desperately waiting for Skye's words.

"I just don't think me and Chase are right for each other." Skye confessed, fearing that Rocky would tell Chase.

"I always wondered why you looked so sad with Chase!" Rocky said. "It's fine. Everest told me that she liked another pup once, when we were together. I feel you. I felt that Everest wasn't right for me, either." Rocky said, looking down at his gray paws.

Skye looked up at Rocky. There was a sparkle in his eyes, and he touched Skye's paw with a tiny, fluffy-pawed nudge.

Skye giggled in amusement. Rocky touched Skye. "Tag! You're it!"

"Oh no you don't!" Skye chased after Rocky. The two pups ran swiftly, laughing.

As soon as they ran out of breath, the fireworks began to appear in the sky. There were bright flashes in many colors. But Skye wasn't focused on the fireworks. She kept staring at a very dark cloud, in the shape of the heart. Half of the heart was in the light.

Rocky... I know it now. You were the one made to be my destiny...

Hello! This is my first ever Paw Patrol book, and I can't tell if it's horrible, or if it's horrible. But anyway, thank you for reading! I'll try to release Chapter 2 soon!