Chapter 4

Skye shook her fur and walked over to the door. She opened it. Before her eyes sat Rocky, his gray fur shining in the sun.

"D-did you need something?" Skye asked.

"Well, do you wanna-" Rocky started.

Chase carefully shoved Rocky out of the way. "Skye! Come on! We are gonna have fun today!"

"Look, I'm, errrr busy." Skye replied, looking down at the ground.

"Don't be silly! Come on let's-"

"NOT NOW CHASE! I'M BUSY!"

"Oh, come on! I mean, look at this cool stick I found!"

"No."

"Let's go, Skye!"

"No."

"Pleeeaaaseeeeee?"

Skye took Chase's stick and snapped it into two pieces. "There. Now we can both have "fun" with sticks. AWAY from each other." Skye said, turning away from Chase.

"Geez, you could have said no." Chase said, whimpering while looking at the chipped stick on the ground.

"I did. Several times, Chase."

"No, you didn't. I don't remember you mentioning no once."

"THAT IS NO EXCUSE! YOU SHOVED ROCKY AS WELL! THAT ISN'T LIKE YOU!"

"Okay! Okay! Okay! I'll leave you alone."

Chase whined while picking up his chipped half of the stick. Chase then walked away.

I hurt Chase's feelings! What have I done! Skye snapped out her thoughts.

Skye scanned the area for Rocky. She found him walking over to his pup house with a bump on his head and a scar on his belly. Rocky's tail had a cast on it.

Skye walked up to Rocky. "What happened?!"

"Chase realized that we were hanging out yesterday. When everyone was asleep, he jumped on me in the field. I think he read your diary as well." Rocky replied.

"How did he know about my diary?" Skye asked.

"When we were watching fireworks the other day, I saw him sneak away into your pup house. I saw him with some paper and fuzzy pink fringe on his claws when he came out." Rocky answered.

"I'll go check it now." Skye said, horrified at the thought of Chase reading her diary.

Skye pushed her bed and pillow over. Surely enough, there were paper shreds and pink fringe where her diary once was.

Skye cried for a while, before cleaning up her shredded diary.

How could he have done this? This isn't like him. Shoving Rocky, reading and then shredding my diary, and the other rude things he did today. Is he trying to win me back? It won't work... right?

I tried for a longer chapter today! It's probs the same length as Chapter 1, though. XD

Let me know what you think so far! If you have any ideas for the next chapter, let me know! I need advice because I can either be an idea machine, or fresh out of ideas. Thank you for the love and support!

-Misty