Chapter 1 - Finley

The date is January 23. While up north it may be freezing, down here in Australia, we are literally being cooked like bacon in a frying pan.

This morning when I woke up, I felt like the air had a weird feeling to it. And it's not just the warm, damp weather either. I just have a gut feeling that something 'unexpected' may occur. However, I push this aside, pack my lunch, and head out on my kilometer long walk to school.

The atmosphere was very calm. Almost too calm. I began to notice that I was the only one struggling with this thought. Everyone else seemed normal, happy, cheerful. Again, I dismissed this and arrived at school.

Upon arrival, I noticed this girl, Claire I believe her name was, who had the same struggled look on her face. I remember this girl from that one time when i was at my cousins house, as she was one of one of my cousins 'little friends'. I didn't feel like heightening my fears, so again, I ignored it and didn't ask.

The rest of the day was a blur. Too much info, studying, and note taking to remember much. Like I normally do every day, I hopped on my bus, number 1157, for the short ride home. I am at the third stop so my parents usually expect me to arrive quickly.

At the first stop everything was normal, the twins Charlie and Stephanie stepped off, as did Michael who appeared to be six years old based on his height. However, at the second stop, a man was waiting for us. The gut feeling came back to me as the doors to the bus opened and the man stepped on revealing his metallic black gun.