Chapter 7 - Madison

After taking a moment to regain our composure, we were ready to find Finley, Claire, and the rest of the captured kids.

My mom and I headed north, just like Finley's note said. My eyes scanned the deserted outback like a hawk for any signs of life or the missing bus.

Paranoia struck me at every turn. "Hey look it's bus 1157!", I would say. "Wait, not the right school."

After roughly four hours of riding around on the edge of our feet, I was parched. I needed to eat. We pulled into a roadside gas station/restaurant and dove into some food. This eased my mind a bit, bot not enough to clear my mind of Finley and Claire.

After finishing our food, we paid the bill and exited. As we hopped into the car, something caught my eye. Parked in the back of the gas station was a yellow bus with the text: BUS 1157 OF GARDNER INTERMEDIATE. My heart jumped to my throat.

My mother and I boarded the bus as fast as our feet would take us. The bus was completely empty. All except for one little thing. A note. Again, written by Finley. It read as follows, "Boarding two white vans. Blue and red logo saying "Shelton Ranch" on the side. Heading northbound again." And as the sun dipped below the horizon on this fateful day, my mom and I looked at each other. "Lets do this.", I said.