Chapter 5 - Finley

After the bus pulled over, The men forced us out of the front door. I would've ran away, but we were deep into the outback now, at least 50 kilometers in. I would probably die of dehydration before reaching home.

We were then stuffed into two white vans, seven people in each one. I ended up with that girl Claire, the bus driver, and this kid in my grade named Jared, but the other three I didn't really know.

I didn't realize how cramped and cluttered the trunk was until we took off. Everyone was always bumping into each other on each and every turn. This made the ride go by four times as long as it actually did.

While stuffed in the trunk, I learned lots of mesmerizing things about every thing and every person in there. The trunk was soundproof so we could talk freely to each other. A small overhead light was our only source of brightness. I got to learn more about those who I knew and the three others who I had not known before. Their names were Judy, William, and Gracie.

Our bus driver was named Mr. Stone. He was roughly in his 50s I believe, and he had been driving bus 1157 for the 8 years Gardner has been open.

Claire was very nice and a bit cute. Her and I seemed to agree on almost everything. We worked well together.

Jared was pretty cool. I had seen him at school from time to time but that was all. He likes baseball, just like me. We were always talking about who would win the World Series this year.

Judy was a bit nerdy, but she was very smart. I'm pretty sure she'll be able to help us escape from wherever we get put.

William was a bit of a bully. He was always teasing Judy about her appearance. Mr. Stone had to calm him down from time to time

Gracie was decent. She always wanted to be perfect. When we went around curves and tumbled around, she would scream because her hair got messed up. Like that was the most of her worries.

After roughly three hours of being in the trunk, which seemed like forever to me, the van finally stopped. As the trunk was opened, the light blinded me straight to my core. This light was accompanied by Traci's soft voice saying, "Well, we're finally here."