(1) where it all began

The inky darkness enveloped the city. like shattered glass, a sharp sound pierced the silky darkness of the night. 

Police chatter and blaring sirens. gunshots in the silence of midnight. screams of both psychotic joy and crushing terror.

these were a common soundtrack to the residents.  It was a constant, someone was in constant trouble with another. The strict rules the council had added to the City of UA were added in hopes of discouraging the gangs and thieves that populated the streets.

 However the police bots, 'Peacekeepers', were coming up empty handed to some extent. only going after the petty criminals stealing to eat, not the true dangerous people who put everyone at risk. In this city, those who took advantage of the innocent thrived. Manipulating  tin cans was easy for those with a complex stance. 

The higher-ups in the city had been safe, controlling the 'keepers' for years with ease. That was, up until the keeper revolution that had rocked the city's foundation and thrown it into despair. The City of Ua was thrown into a mess designed for the new government run mechanically. Money no longer had any value to the inhabitants. Clothes were standard issue, a limited choice of articles pre-approved. Anything luxury for humans was now junk. Metals. Materials. Units. 

The city of robots. Impersonally run. No longer made for the inhabitants. No longer a breeding ground for those filthy, greedy pigs that stole the very life out of the bones of these hardworking people. Now they where the handworkers for their new bosses.

They now had control.

it now had control.

-----------------------------------------------

it was an average day. The main streets seemed normal, like everything had been for the longest time. A mask. Peacekeepers roaming around, picking up litter, walking dogs, delivering mail, doing normal mundane things. 

It was all a scam. 

The peacekeepers had the main roads, not so much the alleys. The simplicity of this lifestyle was the cheese in the mousetrap. They chose not to see the evil in the cracks of the pavement. Deku was the one in charge. Considered the boss of all the gangs, runaways and freeloaders. Absolute power. Deku and his gang of mobsters were the leaders of the backstreets. With their empire, they manipulated their way to the top with ease.

 Deku was easily described as a scrimpy little brat. Only 5''2 with messy green hair pinned out of his way, tendrils sticking to his face with sweat and dirt. His attitude easily made up for the lack of height. Just look at him wrong and you would regret it. Deku was widely feared as he was believed to be the underling of the most notorious crime lord. The man in question was most commonly known by his alias,  All Might. His actual name was unknown. Being the person that put the gangs in check and managed to infiltrate the government itself while maintaining that mystery status was all the proof you needed that he was too stay that way. After All Might's sudden disappearance back a few years ago, Deku's reputation had started outshining that of the missing man. 

The rumor was that Deku killed him. The roach that killed the lion, effectively making him the new lion. He knew well what everyone said, that he was the center of the biggest rumor that still did tours of the underworld. Even though the rumor was something that every criminal from all the nooks and crannies of the city knew, no one would dare to talk about it in front of his face. 

------------

"If Deku was ever captured and sold off, he would definitely cost more than all of the city put together" was what was currenting touring the younger members. 

(625 words)