Chapter 2 : Doodles

I woke up to a grinning Kiba and wasn't so surprised to find a new work of his on my forearm.

It was a cute doodle of a rose with two of it's petals shed.

I say doodle but it's more like a skillfully drawn tattoo.

He got up and walked away, without a word - something which I was much used to.

The only thing connecting us are these diligent pranks that he's continued through out our middle school till now in highschool.

I smile at his beautiful art - done with a black pen and a red marker - and wonder what he was thinking as he scribbled this onto me.

Walking back home, I look around, my eyes unconsciously following his every move - he was fooling around with his group of friends.

My long sleeves still rolled up, his work on my forearm visible for all to see - I deemed it too good to be erased or hidden.

He never looks my way.

The only times I see that wolfy grin  directed towards me are when I wake up to find him messing with my hair or my arm.

It was intriguing.

I wonder if this is really just a prank he likes to play on anyone asleep. But his dedication is something else. Everyday without fail, I wake up to him or his work on me.

I look at my gallery filled with images of his works so far, and wonder if I myself am being a bit too diligent by taking a picture of every one of his work.

Well, this was the only thing connecting us, so I guess it's a good way to hang on to something that's easily erasable.

I'm not much of a talker but I wonder why I felt the urge to call out to him, and ask about various things - things that might bring us closer.