Chapter 6: Friends?

(Cassidy's P.O.V.)

I can't believe he said the L word... like the big L! that's a big deal! and we only knew each other for about four-five days! I'm just in a ruff patch in my life... after leaving my moms side and my old boyfriend... we loved each other and he cheated on me... I guess you could say commitment issues but I really don't know what happened between us besides him cheating. it's jut hard. I can't move on that easily I love him. I'm not ready. He came running from inside and set a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey I was umm my thoughts were-"

I cut him of before he could go on. it would hurt all the more.

"No. you were just saying how you felt and that's one thing I can't have right now. I'm s-sorry." I stuttered trying to fight back tears. "I should just... we should just go."

His face dropped so slow I thought that the devil wasn't even that low. we got into the truck and drove the whole way in silence.

We pulled into the drive way. he opened his mouth to say something but I just put words in his mouth for him.

"Friends?"

I asked.

He nodded. I could tell he was about to burst threw with tears. I've never seen a guy this sad. I've never seen a guy cry! wow!

I hopped out of the car and ran to my room. I slammed the door and fell on the bed burying my face into my pillows an screaming.

~two days later~

They last days flew by so fast. me and Jonathan never really talk beside hey, what's up, or just a nod. what are we "homies"? I'm so confused by our relationship.

School starts today. with means I have to pry my butt outa bed. first days are for good impressions! so I decided to go with a white sun flower dress! it has thin spaghetti straps an cuts off about a little below mid thigh. some cowgirl boots for sure and curl a few pieces of hair every few parts. I can't wait. I walked out into the kitchen grabbed a bagel with cream cheese from Kelly our other house keeper I could hear my dad yell

"Have fun! remember tomorrow is-"

I shut the door behind me to fast to her what he was gonna say. I really don't care if I hurt his little feelings! he's been nothing but keeping secrets and lying to me ever since I got here! he can go and-

"Hey Cassy lets get goin."

Jonathan called after me. I just nodded in response and kept my head down and my ear buds in the whole car ride. when we got to this huge school there was lot of people all wearing things just like what I was wearing. so many cowboy boots/hats! I guess there's no sticking out here. I thought all this cowboy hats/boots was stereo typical stuff. but for real! when we were out of the car I turned around to say my fare wells to Jonathan for the day but he was already off with his friends some where. I decided to go ahead and find a seat in my first class. math. oh joy! I found a pretty good seat in the back corner hopefully away from sight. a couple people waved and smiled at me knowing I'm new.

Some cool looking poser girl approached me with her two stereo typical side kicks.

"Uh, that's my seat. get up dear! before I make the rest of your year a living hell!"

I snapped my head towards her.

"Unless God himself came down from heaven him self and bestowed this seat upon you... find another seat."

I snapped back at her rather quickly.

"Rehears much? btw those boots so last season."

She shrugged sitting in front of me.