Chapter Seven - Part One

I imagined this part of the story with music so please, if you have time, listen to the track on the right hand side of the page while or before you read the chapter.

I'm sorry this one is also very short but it is only the begining of the chapter and i wanted to get it on here asap for you :)

Please let me know what you think it would mean the world to me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 7 

I got to the gate at 5am and Leo was waiting for me.

“Good morning Femme, are you ready to get started?”

I hunched my bag tighter over my shoulder and stiffly moved forward.

“I guess…”

I felt completely vulnerable. What if something went wrong? What if I fell and could never return? What then. Would I die?

Leo grabbed my face in his hands and looked deep into my eyes.

“Fem, everything’s going to be fine, I’ll make sure of it okay? Don’t worry so much, I know you will do great.”

I stared back at him with tears in my eyes but I refused to let them run down my face and ruin my new top.

But how? How could he possibly know that everything would be all right?

After everything I had experienced from this world below, all the pain and anger I saw from up here every day. Maybe he just had more faith in this world then I did…

 I wiped the tears from my eyes and took the last step between us.

“Okay, I’m ready.”

He placed his hands on my waist and began demonstrating the way I should fall and the way I should land with my feet this much apart and my hands in this direction.

After an hour of tirelessly going over and over what he had taught me, Godwin appeared through the stone archway and greeted me with a hug.

This morning he looked older, as if he had not slept for a month. But he looked straight into my eyes with those dark grey ones of his own and spoke one sentence that I would never forget.

“My child, have faith in your destiny and destiny will bring the justice of fait on its self.”

I didn’t understand the words but I knew they were important and would help me through this in some way or another.

I closed my eyes and took in the reassuring strength of his touch. I felt his lips brush slightly against my forehead and then all of a sudden I was falling.

It was like nothing I had ever felt before. I was flying, floating and falling all at the same time.

I felt unstoppable and insignificant all at once.

My hair flapped and sliced over my face, black tears slid up my cheeks and flew up towards the clouds. As I watched them disappear I looked towards my home, the fluffy white clouds that had kept me safe and warm all these years.

And all I could think of was a phrase Godwin had shared with me when we first met…

Life, It is yours for the taking.

To have or hold.

To break or bury.

And they were the last words I said to myself as I turned in the air to face my destiny. There was cold hard cement and then everything went black.