2 | Magic and Memories

"Let's speak of this later."

One side of the door opened, revealing a stick hand grabbing the side of it. It pushed it slowly. Two pairs of eyes looked from left to right.

"Anna? Elsa? Sven? Kristoff? I'm back!" Olaf wandered around the Great Hall, waving his twig arms at the servants. 

The audience stared blankly at the talking living snowman. After three years of being alive, the people were still astonished to see three balls of snow strut around the kingdom growing and learning like any human being. Well - not ageing because it is only his knowledge that builds up every day of his waking life. When Elsa nearly died from being magically frozen, Olaf turned into a pile of snow. So, does that mean the magical snowman cannot live forever?

Gerda smiles at the clueless snowman. She had been working for the royal family ever since Anna and Elsa were children. Overhearing the small group of servants, she plans to report back to the two sisters. She is very protective of keeping the royal women safe because she has sworn to their parents that she will be always on their side. Through thick and thin, Gerda was and still is the woman who helped Anna get back on her feet while her older sister was trapped herself from the world. Although she sided with Anna most of the time, she too gained a liking to Elsa and her many wonders when she was queen.

"Olaf, I believe they are in the libra-" Gerda paused and clapped. "Oh! You're here, Elsa! Come on, all of you, let's feed your empty stomachs." She hugs the two sisters and beckons them to come sit at the table prepared for them. 

It was a stretched out wooden table carved with Arendelle's crest and national flower. On one end was Anna, to her right was Kristoff and to her left was Elsa. Olaf dragged himself up on a seat next to Elsa. The older sister fixes her white flowing dress which was in danger of having stains of dust from underneath the table. Kristoff puts his hands on the table and then suddenly puts them back behind his back, straightening himself. Rubbing the bottom of her nose, Anna sniffles and takes a deep breath. But before she could say anything...

"Elsa! You're back so early! You do know it's Monday, right?" Olaf butted in. "So, I was wondering, if the Snowgies could stay in their normal forms back in spring, how come I needed a flurry that time? Sludge is getting to talk now, but his sentences don't make any sense yet."

Three of them just had their mouths agape. They were not expecting those tiny brothers of Olaf to talk after two years of their existence.

Dumbfounded, Kristoff says, "Wait. You're saying that those mini monsters..." He gets a hit on the head by his girlfriend. Anna repeatedly warned him with his use of words when it comes to her sister. "Uh- I mean mischievous little snowmen can talk now?" Still holding the back of his head, he turned to Elsa for an answer. 

A small corner of her mouth twitched. Her eyes relaxed after they were wide, reassuring Anna visibly. "Well, I am not one hundred percent on how I make life out of my powers. I haven't really found the origin or an explanation to how I wield the power of ice and snow. Ice is just water in its solid form."