Chapter 8 - Perfect Scheme

"Rise and shine, Baby." A warm voice whispers into my ear. Soft lips press behind my ear, and I let out a happy moan.

"Shh..." I whisper back and wiggle closer to him. "I'm too comfortable to get up."

He laughs boyishly against the back of my neck and tickles my exposed stomach. I'm not sure whether its more annoying or exciting. "You don't want Kiara to see us in a compromising position again, hmm?"

For a second I think, fuck it, I'll do anything to lay here with him all day. But that's not realistic. "Fine," I groan and sit up. "But you owe me."

I meant he owes me cuddles... but his stoner-man-child brain took it a different way and pulled my body flush against his. "Judging by how you screamed my name, I think I don't owe you after-"

"OKAY. I'm leaving." 

I push him away and walk towards the house with a smirk on my face. He's so ridiculous.

Luckily only Pope was awake, and he never asks questions about me and JJ. I wonder if Pope has ever kissed a girl. Or a guy? Or a merit scholarship? I don't judge. Love is love.

I raid the pantry for food and find stuff to make french toast. Thank God I know how to cook.

"French toast for breakfast, bitches!" I yell through the house. Kiara curses me out from the couch she is-  sorry, was -  sleeping. JJ walks in nonchalantly.

"Damn, tryna upstage my Eggos?" He laughs from behind me.

"Nah, I could never! Those Eggos were orgasmic," I laugh.

"Orgasmic? Damn, that might be my new favorite word." 

He slaps my ass and I yell, "Ew, weirdo. Never gonna happen."

JJ spins around and we share a naughty look. Having a secret like this is fun. There's no judgement from Ki or gagging from Pope, and don't even get me started on John B. He's too busy living with his Kook girlfriend who's Daddy legally adopted him or some shit. So now it's just me and JJ... that's how I always wanted it to be.

I finish cooking the last piece and top the platter off with faux maple syrup and loads of powdered sugar. "I. Am. Amazing." I whisper to myself as I grab some silverware to take into the living room.

"Bon appetite, my dudes!" I yell and balance the platter expertly. That's right Kiara, I'm comin' for your job.

"You're an angel," Pope exhales while hungrily snatching the first piece.

"Nah, she's too bad to be an angel..." JJ leans back on the floor and takes a large bite. Kiara scoffs, but takes a piece herself. She's skinny as hell but that girl needs lots of food to keep up with her bomb-ass metabolism.

"Don't fill up too much, kiddos," I smirk. "We're breaking John B out of that Kook castle and feasting at Ki's tonight."

"Fuck yeah," Pope says with a mouthful of french toast.

"You could have asked me first, but sure," Kiara says with fake annoyance. "Only after it closes, though."

I nod and send a devious look to JJ.

God, I love scheming.

As always, I'm the only one with the balls in our lovely group of Pogues to actually break into the kook castle. I made JJ leave his gun at home so now he's a little wimp without his weaponized security blanket.

I use a hair pin to pick the lock and then slowly push the door open, careful not to make any noise. If Ward catches me, I'm fucked. He gives me creeper vibes.