COLOURS THAT MADE ME

Perched on a tree was a bird, impervious to the falling rain,
Twas one of many colors, muddling to one big stain.
Forlorn were its eyes, calculative yet delecate and lost
Every drop seemed to glide down its body slowly, gaining attention of the uttermost
Its features were delecate, red-orange eyes juxterposing its bright yellow beak
Green-blue feathers covered every nook of its body, countering its indigo legs and violet tail, just one big mellow.

Cold was the air around it, the crisp breeze adding to the consuming chill.
The bird chirped and shivered, turning its head to seek shelter for the cold was a bitter pill
It flew to its nest, but had to leave lest it drowned for it was harbored there no more.
Wary it was, as it made its way to a dark, eerie house, but one a beauty to adore.
Standing on a window twas conspicuous, as it's colours radiated the white interior.
As fast as lightning it dashed, colliding with the wall with a sound inferior.

The blood on the wall was bright red, contrasting it's rainbow-like body.
It flowed sluggishly, revealing the pain from a death so shady.
The crimson goo engulfed the bird, hiding every color it once bore.
Finally it was stopped, sucked into oblivion, never seeing the shades that it tore.
Many had tried to wash away the colours, all but one succeeded.
Not the rain nor the cold, but the shady, scarlet liquid within, whose bearers light it subsided.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
It's only our self hatred and doubt that can dim our inner light.

Love, Keaton