Second Person, Eight

When Meredith Grey meets Mark Sloan for the first time, you almost punch him out, yourself, for just talking to her.

Except all you get out is an "oh, my, God," before he's on the ground bleeding because Derek Shepherd landed his fist in Mark's face and you don't give half a damn because he probably deserved it, you think.

Except he sort-of didn't, also. Well, he did from Derek, but not from you, at least, not entirely. Because he's still keeping your lesbian secret, and he's still your friend, and he's still all that you have left from the end of your relationship with your still not quite ex-husband.

And so Meredith is holding a mirror for him and smiling and all her friends are fawning over "McSteamy". And you sort of like that (the friends staring thing, not the Meredith smiling at HIM, thing), because at least, they're not staring at HER (like you are). Even George O'Malley is staring at YOU now and calling him "the guy that Addison slept with".

And somehow the fact he's calling you a whore and not to your face, makes you hate him less because at least he's not staring at Grey, now. You want to ask Mark later how it felt to be so damn close sitting with Meredith.

But you won't. Because he'll know that you like her. Love her. Whatever. Not gonna happen, anyway.

-Addison Montgomery

In her personal diary. And this time in pencil, because the pen is broken and she's too annoyed to get up to get a new one so fast.

****** END OF CHAPTER EIGHT

Other Author's Note:

Hearing about the parts that make you laugh or smile or cry makes my day.

Ao3:

Thanks to Arahneia for the lovely words and Also, of course, thanks to AddisonAddek and LordOfLezzies, all on Ao3

AddisonAddek for wanting more and commenting (a heck-ton) today, plus LordOfLezzies (also, because you're super) and Hotgitay who commented yesterday.

Arahneia, AddisonAddek, Dragoncatcher123, LordofLezzies, and Hotgitay as well as 1 guest left kudos on this work! 49 hits so far.

Fanfiction:

smountain for the lovely review and 85 people for the views.

Wattpad:

myfairlilymunster  for the comments and 68 reads and 27 stars.

danielaperezsurga , JordynMarie05 , Unicornbaby78 , myfairlilymunster , outlawqueenpercabeth , naylorholby , AddisonAddek , and probably some others who don't show up on my phone, voted on this, thanks.

Also THANKS to everyone else who reads this someday, and to a friend in 'real-life' who beta'ed this for me. Much love.

Ps. Reccomending reading Soothe today if you want to check that out because hint-hint I might be updating it soon.