seventeen - imagine

TW: ANXIETY ATTACK

your pov

"god, he's so fucking annoying!" i exclaimed as i slammed my keys down on my kitchen counter. millie followed me into the kitchen.

"i'm sorry, y/n/n. the whole situation sucks." she gave me a sympathetic glance. i scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"you can say that again."

i'm referring to my "boyfriend" finn wolfhard. i absolutely hate him, but our managers decided to craft up a fake relationship for us. they thought it would boost both our careers. ugh.

it was obviously a secret, and our friends weren't even supposed to know about the fact that it was fake, but i definitely couldn't pretend to love him all the time. it was enough to always comment things like "my beautiful boyfriend🥰" and "cutie pie🥺" on his instagram posts. and to constantly be engaging in pda with him, per the request of my manager. we always had to hold hands, link arms, lay my head on his shoulder, blah blah blah.

but there was one thing we haven't been asked to do yet.

kiss.

i'm an actress and it's all just a front, and i've kissed people for roles before, but this is different. it's in real life. something that i should own and be able to control.

but, the sad thing is, i'm not in control of my own life.

anyway, i had just got back from a "date" where we had to be all cute and stuff. gag. these dates always put me in a bad mood, because i had to choke down my hatred.

honestly, i couldn't tell you why i hated him. he just bothers me, and he always has. i just apparently really like hating stuff for no reason. he has a mutual hatred, and i'm sure it's because i treat him like shit. i know you're supposed to be nice to people, but i can't when i'm suffocating in a fake relationship.

i heard a knock on the door and groaned.

"hold on millie," i left her in the kitchen as i dragged my feet to the front door. i opened it and almost slammed it right back shut.

"what do you want, shit for brains?"

"ah, a new one. i just love your terms of endearment," finn said sarcastically as he sauntered into my house.

"haven't we seen enough of each other today?" i slammed the door and turned to him, arms crossed. he looked me over.

"you don't know yet, do you?" he asked, and it was clear he felt superior because he knew something i didn't. "literal steam would be coming out of your ears right now if you knew."

"knew what, dipshit?"

"check your phone, honey bear," he taunted.

"i told you, don't fucking call me that shit when we're alone," i brushed past him to get my phone in the kitchen. millie grimaced when she saw finn walk in after me. she caught the time on the microwave out of the corner of her eye, and muttered "shit."

"i have to get to a shoot, see you tomorrow
y/n?" you nodded and she left the room. you grabbed your phone and scrolled through your notifications, checking for one that finn would come to your house for.