eight - imagine

your pov

i woke up with a start, a cold sweat covering my body. i was out of breath and shaking. i looked over to see millie peacefully sleeping in her bed. good, i didn't wake her up. i intertwined my fingers together in an attempt to get them to stop shaking. tears started flowing out of my eyes. i knew the nightmare wasn't real, but i couldn't stop freaking out. i quickly and quietly got out of bed and went to the door.

i opened the door and crept out into the hallway. i was a little dizzy from getting up so fast, and still very shaken from my nightmare. i just need some water and then i'll be able to calm down and go back to bed, i thought as i closed the door behind me. i was crying and more tears threatened to spill. i walked carefully to not wake up any of my cast mates in their various rooms. i hadn't turned on the light, which was a mistake considering most of my cast mates left the house a mess 90% of the time. i tripped over a shoe before i even got 5 steps down the hall.

i hit the ground, very loudly i might add, and groaned. more tears spilled out of my eyes, and i clutched my elbow, which took most of the fall. all of a sudden, a door opened from a little down the hall. a certain curly-haired figure came out of his room, rubbing his eyes, and turned on the light. i covered my eyes at the immense brightness.

"are you okay?" finn asked in a (very hot) gravelly morning voice. i shook my head no and looked at the floor, which was very close to me considering i hadn't gotten up yet. he walked over to me and crouched down. "are you hurt?" i shrugged since that wasn't the worst of my problems. "hey. look at me." i slowly lifted my face to look up at him. he immediately saw my tears and looked concerned. "woah what's wrong?" he asked, fingers brushing my cheek. i burst into tears again.

"let me help you up," he said, lightly grabbing my arm. he pulled me to a sitting position and sat next to me on the floor. he wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace. "you're okay. it's all okay," he said as he rocked me back and forth slowly. i continued crying into his chest. at this point i didn't even know what exactly i was crying about. we staying like this for a while, and i calmed down. i unentangled myself from him and wiped away any remaining tears.

"do you want to talk about it?"

"i don't know. it all started because i had a horrible nightmare, and so i figured i would get a drink of water to calm myself down, but then i fell, and i just broke down. i don't even know why i was crying so much just then," i laughed a little and rubbed my eyes. he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and smiled at me.

"well, i'm sorry about that. i hope you feel better now. do you think you're ready to go back to bed now?"

i shrugged. "yeah probably. i exhausted myself with all that crying." we both laughed. "thank you for being there."

"anytime," he smiled. we both got up and i gave him a huge hug. he hugged back with the same enthusiasm.

"goodnight finn."

"goodnight y/n."

hope you guys liked this one!
i've been writing a lot lately but i've been really enjoying it!
also, thanks for the votes! it lets me know you guys are enjoying these chapters!
see you guys later :)
-mads💖