twenty four - imagine (part 2/2)

i slowly woke up and checked my phone. it was 8:26 am. i rolled off the couch and stretched. everything from last night came flooding back, and i almost collapsed back on the couch.

finn loves me.

"fuck." i grumbled as i rubbed my face. i walked to the kitchen and saw a note on the counter. i picked it up and tried to make out finn's messy writing that i always teased him for.

i got a ride. see u later.

"fuck!" i grumbled, louder this time. did he seriously feel like he had to leave super early just to not have to face me? i felt like absolute shit. i always want him to feel like he has a home with me, and i didn't really do that yesterday. he probably has a terrible hangover, but he still felt like he had to rush out of the house. and it's all my fault.

i grabbed my phone and went to finn's contact. i should call him, right? fuck it.

it started ringing, and my heart started beating much faster. but it was fruitless. he didn't pick up. i was kind of relieved, but i just wanted to talk to him. i called again. nothing. i decided to text him.

y/n🥰🥰
hey bubba. i'm sorry for the way i
acted last night. i should've
acknowledged your feelings. it was
just so much in the moment that
i freaked out. i want to talk to you
about it. i'm not guaranteeing anything,
i still honestly don't know how i
feel. but i'm open to talk about it
now. <3

i sent the text and waited nervously. was he mad at me? i decided to get ready to hopefully make myself feel a bit better.

i showered, shaved my legs, got dressed, did my hair, did my makeup, and put on some simple jewelry. i ate some lunch as well. i didn't think i was going anywhere, but i just wanted to feel good. i took as long as humanly possible, and i didn't check my phone at all during the process. i took a deep breath and checked my phone to see if finn texted back.

nothing.

i groaned and flopped onto my bed. it had been several hours since i texted him. he surely hates me.

i decided to take matters into my own hands and go to his house. it was probably a terrible idea, but it's worth trying. i grabbed my bag and trudged out the door. i started my car and glanced at the clock. it had only been 12 hours since i picked finn up. oh, how so much had changed.

his house was 15 minutes away, so i had a bit of a chance to think. i pretty much just avoided thinking about how i personally felt towards finn until now. i didn't even consider the possibility last night when he told me. my immediate reaction was to just push it all away and not truly think about what it would be like to date finn.

would it be that bad? i mean, he's attractive. he's absolutely hilarious. he supports me in everything i do. i know he would've picked me up if i were drunk last night. i love being around him, and when we're away from each other for a long time, i miss him a LOT. i almost slammed on the brakes.

i love finn fucking wolfhard.

"holy shit! holy shit!" i shouted at my realization. i smashed the gas pedal. i need to tell him. i need to tell him.

i quickly made it to his house, probably breaking several traffic laws, but this was important. i jumped out of my car and speed walked up to the front door. i pounded on the door quickly and shook out my hands. i had so much energy running through me. the door opened and i swear my heart stopped beating in my chest. then i saw who it was.