03

Jojo's POV

We walked back to the house. We sat on the couch and Nick looked like he was about to break. I pulled him into a hug. Then a knock came at the door. Tal ran to answer it.

As I stood up to go to the door and saw Amaya in the backyard, running to the studio. I walked over to the door as a man and a woman walked in as Tal let them in.

"Hello ma'am, sir." Tal said. "I'm sorry. But we are dealing with something right now."

"Can you come back another time, maybe?" Adi asked.

"We are here for Amaya Jackson. We were told she is here." The man said and the woman nodded.

"We need her." The woman said, crossing her arms. "I'm Abby and this is Lee. We are going to be her new care takers."

"No, you're not!" Nick yelled.

"Liar!" Cenna yelled. Adi held him back as I held Nick.

"We need some proof." The officer said, coming into the conversation.

"We don't have any." Lee said.

"We didn't think we needed any proof to get our new little girl." Abby said. "We just want to love her."

"I think, these are the people Amaya was talking about." Nick whispered in my ear and I nodded.

"Follow me outside." I said.

We walked outside, pulling Adi and Cenna with us. We went to the studio and walked in. Amaya was sitting next to the door.

"Amaya!" Nick yelled, hugging her.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Yeah." Adi said as we all sat next to her in a circle.

"They are my back up abusive mom and dad as my parents said." Amaya explained. "I'm not eighteen, so I can't live on my own."

"Hold on." Nick said as he pulled out his phone, walking outside.

I wonder what he's up to.