XXIV - The Seventeenth Of May 2020

The Seventeenth Of May 2020

"You're not growing up if you're not losing friends." I have a serious question for this quote: Why do we have to lose friends in the first place anyway?

When I think about it, it hurts. I don't want to leave the people I met and held dear because I have to grow up. In fact, I don't want to grow up. It's hard to recall them only in my memory when so much has happened to us in the while we're together. But that's what life is, I guess. You meet people. You befriend them. You live life together, years with each other. And one day, that moment comes when they have to go away. Like I always say, people come and people go. But then, it's not only them who goes away. You go away as well. I guess that's even.

Bottom line: I don't want to leave my friends. And I don't want them to leave me either.

I think fear has something to do with this. I fear I will forget them, and all those years together will be for nothing. All those days laughing and shitting around will be lost in time. I don't like it. I don't like any of it. They're too special to be forgotten. But I won't forget them, I hope. So I guess what I'm really meaning to say is that they're too special to only be recalled in memory.

Looking back is such a crappy way to remember those lively days.