Chapter 17: Recovery

Ratchet's POV:

The cool morning air wakes me, dawn striding forth. Malachite is leaning on me, deep in recharge, and Mithra... Mithra?! By the allspark where is she?! An inwardly panic attack grasps my spark as I slowly lean forward,  careful not to disturb Malachite.

Optimus leans forward as well, he must have waken as well, and I notice Mithra is messing around in his lap, playing with Emma's tail. Oh. Thank Primus.

"Ratchet." Optimus's voice is warm and welcoming as he greets me.

"How is your wound?" With a nod I reply, shifting back into a comfortable position.

"Fine, I believe. Were you informed Mithra has learned to crawl?" The Prime smiles and gestures to my sparkling, who seems to be having the time of her life playing with Emma's tail. The Predacon is curled up against Optimus's leg, wagging her tail gently for Mithra to try to catch. Emma seems gentle with her.

"No, must be her first time." I smile back, and Malachite stirs slightly. She sits up and smiles at me then Optimus.

"Morning." She says, stretching and slightly laughing when she sees Mithra.

"Good morning." I reply, and Mithra crawls over Optimus's legs and across the floor back to us. She climbs in between us, half on my lap and half on Malachite's lap, and giggles happily.

"Good morning little one." Malachite laughs, and Mithra looks up at us with happy optics.

~~~~~~~~

I rise to my peds and stride over to Optimus, Mithra has already crawled over to Bumblebee and has started to fiddle with his wing type parts on his back. The scout wakes up and watches her, laughing when she hugs the wing.

Optimus's wound has closed and has begun to heal, same with Everence's gash. Emma wags her tail when I come over, so I bend over and rub her muzzle.

"Hey Ratch." Everence nods, leaning forward. "Here to tell me I can get up and walk? Cuz I'd love to go for a walk you have no idea how bored I am."

"You can get up and walk when you've recovered." I reply, lowering to one knee beside Optimus. His chest will take time to heal, but otherwise he is fine. "Optimus I want you to take it easy, until you've fully recovered."

Optimus acknowledges with a nod, and a servo tapping on my shoulder makes me turn around. Bumblebee is holding Mithra, and he offers her to me. I smile and take her, and she lets out a squeal of laughter and hugs me as I take her into my arms.

::She was pointing to you, so I thought she might want you.:: Bumblebee explains.

Arcee walks past us, transforms, and says, "If it's alright, I'd like to check on Jack."

Bulkhead joins us as well. "We haven't seen them in a while... "

Optimus nods. "Go ahead."

"Say hello to Raf for me." I tell Bumblebee as he transforms, and they drive off. I hope the kids are alright.