Chapter 30: The Brightest Ending

Ratchet's POV:

Mithra is crawling around, giggling and wrapping her arms around the legs of whoever she crawls over to; the kids are over on the platform, laughing and talking with their guardians, Everence and Optimus; Darkplague is sitting in the corner of the room... Not sure that I trust her; and Malachite is standing beside me, both of us watching Mithra cling to Arcee's leg and giggle.

"Things will never be the same... " Malachite murmurs, her optics clouded.

"How did you wake up?" Off topic question, but I must ask.

"I..." She begins, then just looks at me. "Overdrive helped me."

I smile. Overdrive... Optimus and I miss her. Even when she is gone, she helps us.

"You miss her." Malachite steps in front of me and puts her hands on my shoulders

"Yes." I reply, and she sees the pain in my optics, as I remember the day Overdrive offlined.

~~

Snare growls and lashes out at Overdrive, who tries to jump back, but with her wounded leg, barely gets away in time.

"Overdrive!" I shout, and try to rush to her side, but Shard holds me back, and I have to back away to avoid his lashing sword blade.

Overdrive stumbles back and lands on her back as Snare lashes again, and within seconds,  he's lashing again, and the blade connects with Overdrive's chest, and with a splatter of energon she's gone.

~~

I sigh. It was a harsh memory; Snare and Shard are decepticon twins that we battled back on Cybertron. We have reason to believe they are alive, but gone rogue, none the less they are dangerous.

Malachite puts a hand on my cheek, her optics written with concern. "Ratchet..."

"I'm fine." I smile, half real half fake.

She smiles back and leans in close, pressing her lips to mine. My hands meet her waist, affection pouring over me.

"You guys are an adorable couple!" I can almost hear Overdrive's voice.

~~~~~~~~~~
Emma's POV:

Things have changed, and we must adapt. The new base, hasn't begun to feel like home, like the other one did. But this catastrophe has been solved, this problem been finished, everything is better. For now. We know Megatron will return, but this time, we ain't backin down easily.

I am Emma, an Autobot to the bone, and I will give my life for my cause. This is one lifetime that started with catastrophe and ends with greater catastrophe, but through it all, peace will be found.

And that's a rap! Thank you so much for reading my books, and comment your favorite OC I've added: Malachite, Alto, Vess, Emma, Everence, Overdrive, and Darkplague. Hope you enjoyed! I will consider writing a third book; I am not yet certain.

Scratch that third book is out!!! Plz enjoy!!!