Part 31: Reunion

I let go of Kurapika's hand and I run to Neon's room, hearing the bashing and clanging of Neon throwing a fit. I enter the room a little pissed but mostly worried when I see it was Neon throwing stuff not being attacked. My self-control falters ever so slightly as I let out a tiny bit of my bloodlust. "NEON!" I yell and she looks at me as I do my best to leash in my bloodlust.

She looks at me with fear in her eyes, as I do my best to calm myself down. I've reeled back in my bloodlust successfully and was able to look at her without the anger in my eyes. "Neon, you can't throw a temper tantrum like that ok, I thought you were in serious trouble, that I had failed to keep my friend safe. Please, don't worry me lie that." I tell her and give her a soft hug around the shoulders.

"Look, there must be a good reason that you're not getting to go to the auction. For example, what if the Phantom Troupe attacked? Your life would be in great danger and how do you think I would respond to that. Even with his previous hold on me gone, Chrollo is smart enough to realize that you're important to me. He would use you against me and force me to get the tattoo again." I whispered to her and her face fell.

I let out a small sigh and just smile at her, she's worn out. "However, I know that Chrollo wouldn't know about it," I tell her softly and she falls asleep in the bed. I tuck her in and leave with Dalzollene as we go to the others.

"At 9 tonight, the mummy of Princess Corco will be sold off at the Underground Auction. Ivlenkov, Tocino, and Baise, you'll be responsible for the bidding." Dalzollene says in an even voice to the group of guards before us. 

"Are three people gonna be enough?" Basho asks idiotically not knowing any of the rules. I'm about to answer for him only to cut myself off so that Dalzollene could answer.

"Buyers can only enter in groups of three. Weapons, communication, and recording devices are all strictly forbidden. The mafia that runs the underground auction also handles security so there's rarely any trouble. All it takes is one miscalculated move and then, every mafia member in the world becomes your enemy. This auction is built on the foundation of trust and that's the reason, you won't see any surveillance cameras on sight. One unspoken rule is that all grudges are to be checked at the door. And so, if anything does happen then your word is of utmost importance. There are no courts here, but it will hold the same weight as sworn testimony. It's crucial, that each one of you makes a glowing impression. Don't cause minor disturbances for any reason, speak to no one outside of this group." Dalzollene told us, making me realize why I wasn't in the auction. 

I'm standing next to Kurapika when we all get our assignments. "Basho and Linsang will be covering the rear entrance. Kurapika, Natalie, and Melody will take the front entrance. Squala and I will guard the girl. And so, the mission will now begin." Dalzollene told us and I cleared my throat to get his attention, happy to be with Kurapika but confused.

"Why am I with Kuarpika and Melody? Wouldn't Neon prefer to have me close by?" I ask Dalzollene confused but happy.

"She gave me orders to pair the three of you together, I'm not sure why but this was Neon's direct request," Dalzollene told me in a hushed voice while I nodded.

----------Time skip because I was going to have her kidnapped but decided against it----------

I stand next to Melody who has a pair of goggles up to her eyes. I stare over at the entrance of the building, using my Bloody vision to have all suspicious auras, and people highlighted. Kurapika gets a call and Melody's calming voice says that it's all clear.

"Nothing from the outside," Kurapika says and pauses as Dalzollene says something before he continues. "Yes sir, we'll call you if anything new happens," Kurapika says before hanging up and heading over to us.