Chapter 1: Welcome, Wayward Son

The Archangel, Y/N, was created to guard Humanity from supernatural forces from Heaven above... Until he decided to pay them a visit.

Earth... eight months before Lucifer's defeat...

_______________________________________

The city of Kyoto was a beautiful sight. Unlike most cities, it was devoid of large skyscrapers and black clouds of pollution. The streets of Kyoto weren't littered with construction and cars, honking and screeching around corners as the drivers attempted to reach their destinations.

Kyoto was a calm and relaxed city, known for its deep culture and beautiful nature. The blossom trees that shed elegant petals of pink flowers to the ground below, encompassed Japan's paths in colourful harmony.

Drenched over the entire city like a white blanket was a thin layer of snow. The winter weather caused a snowy storm to appear over Kyoto, only to leave snow its wake that wouldn't last long. It never did in Kyoto.

The hills were home to shrine's and cultural buildings alike. Sights that attracted tourism to the city. Sat amongst the tall trees with bare branches from the winter weather, was a moderately sized restaurant.

Stone steps stretched up to the dark oak door. Large windows stood in the walls, displaying the interior of warm inviting lights and perfectly carved sitting areas. The tables and chairs were built out of the same material of tan wood.

Overhead, the sound of music blared quietly. Its reflections bounced from wall to wall, travelling around the room and raising the song to a higher pitch than it already was.

'Christmas is the time to say "I love you"! Share the joys of laughter and good cheer!' The singer sang throughout the restaurant, spreading cheer to every corner of the interior. 'Christmas is the time to say "I love you" And a feeling that will last all through the year!'

Echoing footsteps entered the building, appearing out of the kitchen area. The only soul in the business was an old one. A man, tall for his age, joined the sitting area. His grey hair was tied back into a ponytail, stretching down to the crook of his wrinkly neck. The Japanese community were a culture known for their longer than average lifespans, but age had still been kind to the gentleman.

Presented on his white jacket with all black buttons done up was a silver nametag, showing the name 'Ogai' proudly in a black engraving.

The rock music played over his head but he paid it no mind. A lump appeared in his throat but he swallowed it as quickly as it had come. The stress had caused more wrinkles on his forehead and he nervously tapped his fingers together.

The grand day had finally arrived. Christmas day. Despite the religious aspect of Christmas not being a major factor of Japanese culture, the day was just as important. It brought cheer and happiness to both children and adults, and stress to restaurant owners. Christmas Eve might be celebrated slightly more in Kyoto, Christmas day itself was still as busy, if not more.

Ogai paused in his steps, taking a few seconds to breathe. His heart pumped blood around his body quickly, adding to his anxiety. He removed his thin rounded glasses, rubbing at his eyes with his fingertips. When he decided to move his hands from his vision, he came across a sight.

Standing in the centre of one of the many walls was a Christmas tree. The green pine leaves branched out of the tall tree, decorated with lights, baubles, and tinsel. The traditional object brightened up the room, inviting more guests and filling the atmosphere with seasonal joy.

The smile spread across his features, momentarily relieving him of his worries and replacing them with calmness. The well-placed furniture was clean and ready to be used by the public. A relaxed sensation shot down his spine... until a rumbling entered his ears.